Wow, were back.
Nov 25, 2007 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Cecala

Headphoneus Supremus
I think I'm the first one here now. Its great to have you back Head-fi. My life has been sadly lacking since you're been away.

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 15
No you're not. Some people already posted before me.
This thread will be moved or deleted anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #4 of 15
they screwed up all the bookmarks of the DIY section. Darn, now i have to restart over all my data collection.
frown.gif
(sounds ungrateful but i cant help it)

Of course, THANKS I NEED MY LIFE BACK!!! HEAD-FI FTW!!

Nov 25, 2007 at 12:46 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzeYang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they screwed up all the bookmarks of the DIY section. Darn, now i have to restart over all my data collection.
frown.gif
(sounds ungrateful but i cant help it)....

I can understand completely the frustration that the URL changes are going to cause for quite some time.

The hand-entered URLs in posts will just have to be repaired by the community as we come across them. I will try to help reconstruct the bookmarks section you're talking about. And we may need to add some DIY Forum Moderators, too, so that we have at least a few people with the ability to edit posts within that forum to fix changed links as they come across them (or are reported by others).

Nov 25, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm the first one here now.

Nope! We had already been posting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours when you posted this...
wink.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #7 of 15
Grats Jude, it has to have been a tough week for you. Appreciate the work.

Nov 25, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #8 of 15
Signatures were outdated, (mine from was the time I just received RS1 and started selling SR325i) but I just fixed mine back to this date. Thanks for the hard work Jude, it was really boring without being able to surf headfi at the same time as listening music. Other headphone forums didnt really cut it. Thanks for the hard work again. This was quite a mess I presume, one which you dont want to happen again, in close future anyway.
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #9 of 15
It's like that old Cinderella song "Don't Know What You Got Til It's Gone". Glad to see this place up and running.

Hats off the the people who had the thrill of trying to get everything back to normal. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Nov 25, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Signatures were outdated

So were mine. Set back at least one month, if not more...
But I have updated my signature now, and my inventory list as well.

Nov 25, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can understand completely the frustration that the URL changes are going to cause for quite some time.

The hand-entered URLs in posts will just have to be repaired by the community as we come across them. I will try to help reconstruct the bookmarks section you're talking about. And we may need to add some DIY Forum Moderators, too, so that we have at least a few people with the ability to edit posts within that forum to fix changed links as they come across them (or are reported by others).

Jude, i'm more than willing to upload my bookmarks, will that be much help?

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have the forum, thread, and post numbers changed? I know that now the URLs are more search-engine friendly but they still have the indexes of the content in them. If the numbers are still the same, it would make it a lot easier to correct the URLs in our posts. I'm guessing they are since the database they are pulled from is the same as before.

Edit: Found a post by you in another thread about this here. My guess is that everything had to be imported by vBulletin into a whole new database, which would explain why the index numbers for content has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back