Wow.... Van Morrison
Dec 30, 2008 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Townyj

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently ripped Van Morrison's Album - Into The Music into FLAC. All i im going to say is wow... Listening to Full Force Gale, sent shivers down my spine and my jaw dropped pretty much all the way through the song. I love the fact that my parents brought me up on all varieties of music
smily_headphones1.gif

A Bit of a random thread... just had to share the moment.

Dec 30, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #3 of 10
Oh nice
smily_headphones1.gif
he has alot of good tunes that bring back memories from when i was younger.

Dec 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 10
x2 on all of the suggestions above, and once you get through those, I'd strongly recommend checking out It's Too Late To Stop Now, a two-disc live set from 1974. Morrison's a notorious hit-or-miss live performer, but he and his band were on fire for this recording.

Dec 30, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently ripped Van Morrison's Album - Into The Music into FLAC. All i im going to say is wow... Listening to Full Force Gale, sent shivers down my spine and my jaw dropped pretty much all the way through the song. I love the fact that my parents brought me up on all varieties of music
smily_headphones1.gif

Is Into the Music something you remember hearing as a kid? It's actually quite a beautiful record, the best of that period when Van's faith was having an odd effect on his creativity. I haven't heard it in years, but I had it on vinyl...really dug what Van did on side 2 with the pop song "It's All In The Game."

(Funny, I actually tried to start a thread about music we picked up from our parents some time ago, but it never really went anywhere. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/son...ght-us-263028/)

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 10
Nice to hear that you enjoy the album!
smile.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #10 of 10
Basically my mother brought me up listening to alot of Blues/Rock and Pop etc. Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, The Doors, The Police, Van Morrison, Bob Marley, Pink Flloyd, The Rolling Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughn and alot of others to.

All the tracks from 'Into The Music" i remember from a very young age
smily_headphones1.gif
Im just glad that i have respect for a wide variety of music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Into the Music something you remember hearing as a kid? It's actually quite a beautiful record, the best of that period when Van's faith was having an odd effect on his creativity. I haven't heard it in years, but I had it on vinyl...really dug what Van did on side 2 with the pop song "It's All In The Game."

(Funny, I actually tried to start a thread about music we picked up from our parents some time ago, but it never really went anywhere. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/son...ght-us-263028/)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back