Wow, this is quite cool!
Nov 27, 2002 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ob3ron

100+ Head-Fier
Okay so I'm at school today and a friend of mine tells me about some email that was sent to all the Engineering students at my University about an IEEE speaker design and building workshop. So I'm giddy as a school-girl till I get home to check my email for the details! When I do get home, I fire up telnet/pine and read that on Saturday afternoon theres gonna be a "workshop on passive speaker design for a 2-way speaker" hosted by some "Derrick Moss, an experienced individual in passive - and active - loudspeaker design" and to be held at the "McNaughton Center" for audio equipment design and testing. Until this morning I didn't know that any of the Electrical Engineering faculty members or other students had any interest in audio or that we had a dedicated audio lab with a semi-anechoic chamber, all available for the use of student IEEE members!!! And this whole time I thought I was the only person with any interest in audio in all of the province (Newfoundland, Canada that is) and didn't think there was any way I could get any kind of an audio specialty as and Electrical Engineering student at Memorial University.

Needless to say.... w0000t
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back