Wow, this is just terrific. (Horrible computer problems.)
Jan 17, 2005 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

x1lexure

100+ Head-Fier
So I recently had my hard-drive completely crash on me, it would boot-up and then go blue screen on me saying that my "system 32 software" was corrupt. I can deal with that, pop in the good old Windows XP disk and baddabing baddaboom XP reinstalled, everything is lost, but at least I have a working computer. But now I cannot download ANY type of file to my computer. I'll left click on the filename, downloading screen will pop-up, getting file-information, and then and an error message:

"Internet Explorer cannot download filename from IP address xx.xxx.x.xx. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later. Same message with everything else I do. I've done all the windows updates I could, EVERY LAST ONE, and still nothing."

I haven't been able to do anything about it. Normally, if Internet Explorer did this kind of crap, I would download Mozilla, but seeing as how I can't download anything I have NO idea what to do. I can browse the web and check my mail, but I can't download anything, flash apps don't work, and I've been noticing lately that portions of websites won't even load. I'm running Windows XP Pro and am browsing with Internet Explorer 6.

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. (I'd even be willing to let someone email me a .exe of the mozilla installer if they would like. youtharerevolting at gmail dot com)

I've googled a couple of terms looking for advice but everyone seems completely oblivious when trying to fix this. (I've also looked at the windows help files MANY times, nothing there either.)

A cookie to whoever helps fix this.
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #7 of 7
IE ain't bad if you know what to turn off from Auto, along with making sure that both Auto Installs are turned off.

Once you do both setups IE isn't doing anything you don't want it to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back