Wow, this guy can play guitar and I never heard of him until today
Jan 24, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 18
That's amazing. *braces self* But honestly I don't like the Little Wing nearly as much as Jimi. The acoustic is much too twangy with that type of music for my taste. Jimi Hendrix + Acoustic/Country =
basshead.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali
That was horrible.

I'll agree that the quality of the recording isn't great, and he isn't a great singer, but I think he is an excellent technical guitar player. He played little wing with authority, the other two people who I have heard do that are on most people's short list of great guitar players.

Jan 31, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
I've never seen anyone actually 'bend' the neck of a guitar like that to do a dive. I'm surprised it comes back in tune and doesnt warp on him..
eek.gif

i used to abuse a crappy epiphone dreadnought like that - i just put pressure on the head and twang you get the bends! Michael Hedges used to do it alot too.

Jan 31, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
i used to abuse a crappy epiphone dreadnought like that - i just put pressure on the head and twang you get the bends! Michael Hedges used to do it alot too.

yeah, i think billy zoom (of X fame) used to do it, too.

Feb 1, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davy J
oh please, he uses a capo

if by capo you mean tremolo bar ("oh please"
rolleyes.gif
)...

yes, actually you're right: he played a gretsch silverjet with a tremolo... i stand corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back