Wow that's pretentious
Jan 10, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 9
yea, but don't forget that it's all in a made-up language very loosely based on Icelandic...thats pretentious without even trying...
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
I thought Radiohead's CD jackets were hard to decifer the song titles and order.

I just bought ().

Personally I think that it's great how they made "()". It (the packaging, untitled track names, made-up lyrics, etc.) doesn't give the music any boundaries other than the fact that it is what it is, and that is great music. Interpretation is up to the listener and if I recall correctly some people on the board didn't like the album because of its apparent pretentiousness, and I understand how they'd see it that way.

Since you mentioned Radiohead, today I picked up "OK Computer" and "Kid A" (yay for HMV's 2 CDs for $30 deal). They're both great CDs but I think I prefer the consistent sound of the former, although the latter has one or two standouts that I like a lot.

Edit: I almost forgot (actually, I did forget
tongue.gif
), how'd you like the music on "()"?

Jan 10, 2006 at 10:22 AM Post #4 of 9
There are track titles for the album available online, search around or just freedb it. I think their demo notes got leaked or something.

I must warn you though: knowing that track #4 is called Njósnavélin didn't really enhance the experience.

Jan 10, 2006 at 12:27 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogewo
I must warn you though: knowing that track #4 is called Njósnavélin didn't really enhance the experience.

Wow, what a coincidence! My proctologist is named Dr. Njósnavélin!

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis
Wow, what a coincidence! My proctologist is named Dr. Njósnavélin!

Wonder if listening to () will enhance that feeling?
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillC
Wonder if listening to () will enhance that feeling?
evil_smiley.gif

"It's more than a feeling when I hear that old song. . . "
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #9 of 9
The names were all well-known before the release of the album (which I usually refer to as Two Sausages Kissing...) from live performances. They weren't a big secret, or anything. They just thought it'd be a cool way to do the album art, AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back