Wow... Sennheiser HD 205's rock!
Feb 15, 2006 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ArcTeryx

100+ Head-Fier
I've only had them for about 3 days but these things are absolutely great. I've been listening to them for about 2 straight days at work. I should be able to post a review of them in a few days but right now, it's like if you forced the Shure E2's and Koss PortaPro's to have sex and this was the result.

Feb 15, 2006 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcTeryx
I've only had them for about 3 days but these things are absolutely great. I've been listening to them for about 2 straight days at work. I should be able to post a review of them in a few days but right now, it's like if you forced the Shure E2's and Koss PortaPro's to have sex and this was the result.

Seconded, cracking headphones for not much more than the legendary 201's and the supplied case is actually really neat.

Andy

Feb 15, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 7
cant agree with you...

the HD205 sound pretty muffled and very undetailed for me, on the same price you can get the EH250 which sounds way better. (altough they cant match the isolation of the 205's...)

Feb 15, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe84
the HD205 sound pretty muffled and very undetailed for me

That's no surprise, since the PortaPro and the E2c sounded muffled and undetailed to me. But really, that's compared with much better and more expensive headphones, so it's not really fair. Any comparisons between the 201 and 205?

Feb 15, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
That's no surprise, since the PortaPro and the E2c sounded muffled and undetailed to me. But really, that's compared with much better and more expensive headphones, so it's not really fair. Any comparisons between the 201 and 205?

actually what i used for reference were the HD212 and the EH250 as is said. ive never heard higher-priced headphones than the EH350.

the HD205 improved a lot with EQ (so does the HD212, the highs needs a hard push because the powerful bass could sometimes "drown" them) but they still lacked a lot of details, i will even go further and say they are over priced, for the same price of it you could maybe get an in-ears which will sound much better and much more compact if it suit youre needs, but thats what i cant say about the EH250 and the 212.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back