Wow. Nickleback sucks. Proof!
Dec 16, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #32 of 52
While I agree that Nickelback sucks, this just isn't evidence for it.

First, because somebody monkeyed with the tempo of one of them to make it match up, or cut part of it out. So they don't actually match on tempo.

Second, because you could do this with almost any band. All you have to do is find two songs with somewhat similar structures (not difficult to do) then monkey with one or both until they make an incriminating match.

Personally, I think whoever did this had too much time on their hands. If they matched up perfectly without monkeying with the tempo, then it might have been amusing. As it stands now it's just a waste of time.

Dec 16, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #33 of 52
That rock would have hurt!
eek.gif

They didn't seem too happy. I don't think I would either if a rock hit me on the back of the head!!

Dec 16, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #34 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ Arcuri
While I agree that Nickelback sucks, this just isn't evidence for it.

First, because somebody monkeyed with the tempo of one of them to make it match up, or cut part of it out. So they don't actually match on tempo.

Second, because you could do this with almost any band. All you have to do is find two songs with somewhat similar structures (not difficult to do) then monkey with one or both until they make an incriminating match.

Personally, I think whoever did this had too much time on their hands. If they matched up perfectly without monkeying with the tempo, then it might have been amusing. As it stands now it's just a waste of time.

By any band do you mean any band that you listen to? Because this isn't just a matter of song structure...these songs have the exact same chord progressions. That is just lazy songwriting, and while there are definitely plenty of bands out there who seem to be trying to milk the young and oblivious demographic for everything they can (Nickelback being one of them), I would think that any decent band would be embarrassed to release 2 songs that sound this similar.

I have to admit, though, they do sound OK together.
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #35 of 52
Actually, most bands would have a song or two with somewhat similar structures. Especially certain bands like say The Ramones. Even Blood on the Tracks is practically one chord progression all the way through. Still, with two high visability singles to be soo similar it is impressive. This isnt the "proof" Nickleback sucks, just listening to their music is more than enough. Its more just amusing than anything.

Dec 17, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #39 of 52
Thats pretty funny, and yeah, that gives a very good example of how much they suck. No band should ever do that, not to the point that it is that obvious. Maybe it happens on accident once, twice tops, but I have a feeling they knew what they were doing when they did this. They probably have a poster or something hanging up where they write their songs with a big song formula written on it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Can't you tell I hate Nickelback?!?

Dec 20, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #40 of 52
I just went to all the work of animating a small piece of that video where the dude gets hit in the head by a rock, only to find that animated gifs are not useable as an avatar anymore
mad.gif

Anyway here it is, in all its beautiful glory!

nickelback.gif

That's after I kept sizing it down to get it under the 15KB limit. Only four frames at 50x50.

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #43 of 52
man I must say that Journey takes the cake for me...boy do I hate them. However it may be more that they are hard to avoid on the radio...
orphsmile.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by newbalance
man I must say that Journey takes the cake for me...boy do I hate them. However it may be more that they are hard to avoid on the radio...
orphsmile.gif

Blasphemy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back