Wow! Is That Rockbox iPod Hardware EQ Awesome or What?
Sep 23, 2007 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vranswer

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone using it? At what setting? I put the low pass filter on my 5G iPod at plus 4 DB and the high pass setting at plus 3 DB for use with my E500s. I use the triple flange tips so bumping the higher frequencies helps define the range.

Awesome bass, no distortion. It's put new life/value into my iPod. Also, what about skip-prevention buffer? My FLAC files were skipping until I set it to one minute - so far so good. Is there any standard or generally-accepted practice on that?

Sep 24, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 5
Haven't measured it yet, I always just plug back in at the end of the day. It hasn't died on me.

Now having some trouble with the firmware. The iPod suddenly stopped playing files. On reset, it booted up with little tiny font size (I had set a larger size) and still no sound. Noticed a funky file had been added to root directory. I'm guessing I may have somehow activated a recording feature maybe, don't know. But can't get sound now.

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 5
Increasing the skip-prevention buffer will drain your batteries faster since it will use up more ram to act as that buffer. If you're stationary, you should set the buffer as low as possible since you won't be moving around, causing the HD to skip and therefore needing an increased buffer to prevent that.

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't measured it yet, I always just plug back in at the end of the day. It hasn't died on me.

Now having some trouble with the firmware. The iPod suddenly stopped playing files. On reset, it booted up with little tiny font size (I had set a larger size) and still no sound. Noticed a funky file had been added to root directory. I'm guessing I may have somehow activated a recording feature maybe, don't know. But can't get sound now.

Turn the player off and then on again. Recording isn't really implemented yet on the iPod, and entering the recording menu will prevent audio playback until the player is restarted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back