wow! i'm in love!
May 6, 2008 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Tem

100+ Head-Fier
Well someone has offered me a new sealed in box Zune 80GB for alot cheaper then what it retails for and I might just snatch it up if I can scrape some $$ together. This thing looks absolutely sexy. I really want one now. I watched videos of it on YouTube, pictures of it on Google....I think this is my new favorite MP3 player. I had the 30GB model a long time ago and I loved it!

What do you guys think of this MP3 player? Wow I hate to give up my Sansa Clip, but this Zune 80GB keeps calling me. "buy me, buy me!"
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

May 6, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #2 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well someone has offered me a new sealed in box Zune 80GB for alot cheaper then what it retails for and I might just snatch it up if I can scrape some $$ together. This thing looks absolutely sexy. I really want one now. I watched videos of it on YouTube, pictures of it on Google....I think this is my new favorite MP3 player. I had the 30GB model a long time ago and I loved it!

What do you guys think of this MP3 player? Wow I hate to give up my Sansa Clip, but this Zune 80GB keeps calling me. "buy me, buy me!"
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

You don't have to give up the Clip -- it's not in the same league as the Zune. The Zune uses a hard drive and is a lot larger than the Clip. Buying used is riskier with a hard drive -- they break easier than flash. Make sure it's a new gen model. I wouldn't call it "your favorite" until you've had your paws and ears on it for a while.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2008 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 20
this is indeed a great DAP, and the 80 version is much improved from the 30. you will be impressed by it
tongue.gif

for how much was it offered to you?

oh, and, if you want to use it for jogging and stuff like with Sansa Clip than it won't suit you because it's hard drive. but i guess you already know it.
smily_headphones1.gif

good luck on getting the money!
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
enjoy it. zune has gapless support now as of 2.5 firmware! i don't have one and i am a new ipod convert but, zune looks to be a great player. if it is good and price right and in good shape, take it to town

yeah, exactly.. so why did you choose iPod over Zune? line out?

May 6, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 20
Someone on craigslist offered me it for $200..and I think retail is like $230 or $240? And were in the 'talks'.

lmao @ post above me

May 6, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

You should get the Zune 80. later you will regret it.

You can get the clip after you sell the IEM that comes with the Zune 80.
wink.gif

May 6, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #8 of 20
No doubt, get the Zune80, and keep the Clip. I just bought a 1GB Clip (for $8 on Amazon using a $25 gift card they sent me for using their Visa card), and wow, the Clip is a cute, but worthy DAP. Completes my collection. Only downside to Zune no LOD. Hopefully, that will change, as using the HP out with my Minibox is not really all that much of an improvement. You, will, as Ricardo says, want to sell the Zune phones. They aren't very good, veiled sound in fact. I gave mine away, twice (had a replacement Zune, long story). Whatever you do, do not press too hard for any reason on the Zune glass. But otherwise, a great DAP, and the new software is very nice, offering tag editing too, albeit limited.

May 6, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #9 of 20
Clip have a great sound...:]

Zune? Nothing special...

May 7, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #10 of 20
Clip is very, very good. Zune80 is good too, just a different creature, and no EQ, so that could be the difference. With a LOD and Minibox, the Creative ZVM sounds better than either of them.

May 8, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #12 of 20
i had a zune 30 and i liked the player itself but the software....eh. i hated it.

my coworker has a zune 80 and it's very nice. i really like the interface and the SQ was great.

you'll enjoy it.

May 8, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #13 of 20
I don't know why people like the zune so much. I went the zune route after being convinced that ipod and apple was overrated (they probably are).
It wasn't until I formally used an ipod again that I realized how clunky the zune 30 was. It's a brick! People like the screen but I found videos looking stretched since it's the same resolution as the ipod classic/nano.

The zune 80 imo is worlds better but still a little "dressed up". The glass and aluminum (familiar?) is much nicer and the wireless sync is a very cool thing to have though. I just think Microsoft should stop focusing on welcoming people to the social and making up squircles and putting little metal rims around things and drawing little rabbits. Also I laugh when I see cases made for the zune. like you expect to put that in my pocket?!

I would consider a zen vision m or an an an I an..ipod over the zune. Probably doesn't help much but yeah...just saying you should really try them hands-on out before you buy.

edit: and the sansa fuze over the clip

May 8, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #14 of 20
i like the size and great battery life of ipod. also, i don't own a proper version of windows as my copy was bought with a defunct cpu from 6 years ago and iinstalled on a bum harddisk. microsoft think im pirating a copy.

if i had windows as my main os, i might consider the zune but they have come rather late to the gapless table which is the main consideration for me. i am loving my ipod nano 3g and i hope you enjoy your zune. i have no hate for people enjoying a player.

contempt for those who say 'this is the hot dang best player evar - it smokes all others under zues' world'. so, enjoy the zune, ill enjoy the ipod and someday, when zune is drag and drop from itunes or has linux/osx support, ill get one too!

edit: i don't care for line out. i like my player to be as portable as possible. nano. check. i used to use lod and amp just to pretend that i really followed the crowd in headfi but i hated that i could not reliably pocket the beast. i have a 75ohm resistor cable now that does worlds better for my iems and canals. it is portable, has no amp hiss and no massive volume swings or right/left adjustment problems. it does not do mulitple sources nor does it make phones that need voltage power do anything better, but for portability and great sound from just about any device.. even those notorious ones that cannot drive a bud or iem for their life - it brings life.

May 8, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

like you expect to put that in my pocket?!

do you need case for a Zune 30 or Zune 80 ???
Mine goes in my pocket just with nothing to protect it....truly a portable gear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back