Wow... I will never buy a Hifi-Magazine again
Dec 5, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #31 of 42
I am not sure if I remember correctly, but I think I posted it in computer audio, becaus most of the stuff in the magazine was about computer audio as well.

I actually did some more tests, and since they A/B'ed different network cables and I am using WIFI I use to open the window while listening/streaming music now and it sounds so much fresher, but also a lot colder to me... but I could be mistaken.

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerlike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This would be true, except there are bad ways to transmit digital data and, unfortunately, S/PDIF is one of them.

Why is it bad? Sounds good to me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #33 of 42
es ist nur Geld .... lol es wächst auf Bäumen

Dec 8, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure if I remember correctly, but I think I posted it in computer audio, becaus most of the stuff in the magazine was about computer audio as well.

I actually did some more tests, and since they A/B'ed different network cables and I am using WIFI I use to open the window while listening/streaming music now and it sounds so much fresher, but also a lot colder to me... but I could be mistaken.

So why was this thread moved to sound science?

USG

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

lol. The jokes never end.

Dec 8, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So why was this thread moved to sound science?

Probably because the discussion quite fast turned into if there are audible differences between cables, or not.

Dec 8, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably because the discussion quite fast turned into if there are audible differences between cables, or not.

Hey kr

How are you doing?

It's getting a little annoying seeing every thread that argues, that the earth is not flat, get slapped into the gulag.
deadhorse.gif

USG

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #38 of 42
^ I'm doing just fine, thank you!
smile.gif

Cables have been discussed to death numerous times. And since there don't seem to be clear definitive answer, discussions like this one probably belong in the Sound Science forum.

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #39 of 42
I would not call it science, I would call it religion
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

and I think you would be correct....

see my post in the Placebo thread....

USG

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, you're most probably on to something there..
popcorn.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Well, I tried to avoid head-fi for quite some time, which was a good idea considering my wallet. Since I browse the forum on a daily basis again I bought a new CDP, AMP, two sets of cans and now about to pull the trigger on a DAC.

... damn!
smily_headphones1.gif

It is a very easily transmitted parasitic infestation that enters through the eyes and ears, and exits.... through the hip pocket
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back