Wow..I swear to god my sf5p just shocked me
Feb 27, 2006 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sisenor

500+ Head-Fier
I was outside, came inside, took off my jacket and my sf5ps shocked my ear and my iPod stopped playing. I had to restart my iPod also. Was this just a static electricity thing? It really zapped my ear..I'm hoping I didn't damage my IEMs. STRANGE!

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #2 of 7
The ipod has been known to shock a few people . . do search, there's few threads round here somewhere.

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #3 of 7
Let me guess, it was the right side.

This is common with the 5G iPods or Nano. Can't remember which.
confused.gif

Loads of my friends said this happened so I wasn't foolish enough risk my ears getting one of these..

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong

confused.gif

Loads of my friends said this happened so I wasn't foolish enough risk my ears getting one of these..

yes, it was the right side..so this is how the iPods supposedly damage headphones (right side) I guess? I remember hearing that an iPod could damage a headphone and I couldn't figure out how it could physically damage a headphone. Wow, this plus how easiliy it scratches..Apple sold out BIG TIME! Maybe it's time for me to look at new DAPs

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong

confused.gif

yes, it was the right side..so this is how the iPods supposedly damage headphones (right side) I guess? I remember hearing that an iPod could damage a headphone and I couldn't figure out how it could actually physically damage a headphone. Wow, this plus how easiliy it scratches..Apple sold out BIG TIME! Maybe it's time for me to look at new DAPs
basshead.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sisenor
It really zapped my ear..I'm hoping I didn't damage my IEMs. STRANGE!

My ear hurts and my headphones hurt... but I really hope it didn't damage the headphones.

That's Head-Fi priorities for you.

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #7 of 7
Because the scroll wheel on the 5G (maybe the Nano as well) is not 'protected' like the other generations (Apple decided to be dirt-cheap and made their own), cell phones, when placed next to the iPods, fluctuate the volume like mad. I am guessing because the scroll wheel, this happens as well. I propose one of us makes a lawsuit; bet you the guy's life below my post that it'll win.

...now nobody will post under here, just watch
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back