Wow, I get it!
Oct 2, 2008 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

SoulSyde

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on Head-Fi and I just wanted to say that I now get it...

I just unboxed a set of AKG K-240 MKII's and plugged them into my home studio. I fired up "Recknor" (Apple lossless) by Radiohead and WOW!! These things put my Senn PX-100's and Numark DJ sealed cans to shame. Not only are they comfortable, but the sound quality is amazing compared to what I've been used to.

There really is a difference in high"er" end cans. I'm going to have to go through some of my half-done music tracks and mix them down again with these new puppies.

Sorry about the irrational exuberance, but I'm really digging these!

Oct 2, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulSyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on Head-Fi and I just wanted to say that I now get it...

I just unboxed a set of AKG K-240 MKII's and plugged them into my home studio. I fired up "Recknor" (Apple lossless) by Radiohead and WOW!! These things put my Senn PX-100's and Numark DJ sealed cans to shame. Not only are they comfortable, but the sound quality is amazing compared to what I've been used to.

There really is a difference in high"er" end cans. I'm going to have to go through some of my half-done music tracks and mix them down again with these new puppy.

Sorry about the irrational exuberance, but I'm really digging these!

Just remember: take a step back when you start listening to your equipment and not your music. It's a slippery slope!

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 20
You're screwed. Resistance is futile. You can never go back. Time to buy some Grados!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 20
Listen to 'All I Need' on some Denon D5000s

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 20
It's all part of the plan.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #10 of 20
investing in headphone gear is at least safer than the stock market atm
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 20
Oh your F'ed now.

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's funny b/c I never found the k240 to my liking, it only gets better from there
redface.gif

shhhhhhh!

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #15 of 20
I've heard that it's a good idea to break in headphones when they're new. Is that true? If so, is it as easy as playing music at a moderately-high volume for a few days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back