Wow,I finally bought some Grados
May 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

wallace

100+ Head-Fier
After many years of being put off grados by reviews saying they were uncomfortable and harsh,i just got some SR80i,s worth a go for £100,i thought.
They are the most comfy phones i have ever owned,with not a trace of harshness,even with Miles Davis,must be because i am over 60
biggrin.gif

They make my other phones sound broken(HD595,Proline750).
You all know whats coming next,,,
After a month i,m thinking whats next,325i,s or RS2,s I would like a bit more detail without loosing that beautiful sharp attack of the guitars.(frank zappas solo on "dont eat the yellow snow".
atsmile.gif

The sr80s will stay for the walkman,but something better will be nice for my main system,any advice will be helpful. Cheers.

May 26, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #4 of 44
I could pretty much say the same thing too. I've been a Senn supporter for yonks. Finally broke down and got in line for a HF-2 earlier tonight. The next week or two are gonna be pure TORTURE waiting for it to show up.

and dude, it didn't take long for the ultra expensive suggestions to show up at all huh!! What's ur budget Wallace? If you got $ to burn certainly look into the GS/PS-1000, RS-1/2s, or the HP-1/2s.

May 26, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 44
Go straight for the RS-1.. you will eventually, might as well save yourself some money with all the inbetween steps
smily_headphones1.gif

Or maybe the HF-2 but I'd wait on reviews on that one first

May 26, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #7 of 44
I am a UK pensioner, so can only buy what i can slip by her in doors as housekeeping,therefore SR325i,s might be my only option,just want to know if they might be worth it.

May 26, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #8 of 44
How much are they in U.K.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a UK pensioner, so can only buy what i can slip by her in doors as housekeeping,therefore SR325i,s might be my only option,just want to know if they might be worth it.

May 26, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #14 of 44
You can order HF-2 directly from TTVJ, and Todd offer 30 days return if you don't like it, or it can be sold easily on FS forum after 30 days, so there isn't much risk of ordering it now.

£270 (as of today's exchange rate) for a pair of limited edition Grado and without paying the premium to local distributor, it is a nice deal.

otherwise, used pair of RS1 from FS forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back