Wow! Alessandro is even slower than usual!
Feb 16, 2007 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

nelamvr6

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered a pair of MS-2's on 1/11/07 and they haven't even charged my credit card yet!
eek.gif

I understand that they've had some delays getting parts from Brooklyn. The waiting is KILLING me!
frown.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #2 of 39
I have a pair of MS-2's on order too. Alessandro replied to my status inquiry email that the headphones are currently backordered and they should be able to ship in one week.

Edit: I wonder if Alessandro is currently "headfied" (as in "slashdotted")
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 39
Nat, Maybe it's a sign that you should just go for the SR325i or HD595
icon10.gif
The SR325i would be a better compliment to your HD650...at least I find that to be the case on my rig
icon10.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 39
They just added online purchases, so, you may want to call them, see what is going on with your order. Since they have been working on their site, I bet that has slowed them down a bit.

Feb 16, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They just added online purchases, so, you may want to call them, see what is going on with your order. Since they have been working on their site, I bet that has slowed them down a bit.

huh?

Feb 16, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 39
darn, I was looking into the MS2's as well... but I was hoping that I wouldn't have to wait long once I could convince my wallet to cough up the dough... seems my patience will be tested if I decide to splurge
attachment.php

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #8 of 39
I orderd my MS-Pros on Jan 5th, and since then, I've sent them 2 emails inquiring, and both 'did' get replies -> "1 or 2 weeks". I wonder if they are using the same number of days in a week as we do?
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #9 of 39
I ordered mine on December 27, and they told me last week that they should have them in hand from Grado this week, and also that they would ship them as soon as they have them. I asked, innocently, "does that mean I would have them by the end of the week?" and the guy said yes. Well, my mail dude came already, and no boxy for Robby. I am starting to suspect everyone - does the mail guy not want to carry the box because of the snow? Is the Alessandro guy tired of fielding my frustrated calls and is therefore witholding mine in particular? I get so ornery by about 4:30 every afternoon because I know it's another day with no MS2's. I am not built for this kind of waiting period - I could have had a handgun by now!

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif
The SR325i would be a better compliment to your HD650...at least I find that to be the case on my rig
icon10.gif

i think the rs1 he already owns is an even better compliment than the 325i!
icon10.gif
but yeah, it might be a good idea to try and get a pair locally if you just can't wait longer

Feb 16, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #11 of 39
On the question of slow shipping, I've got a feeling that in the Grado/Alessandro scheme of things, that Alessandro is at a major disadvantage to the senior Grado partner. Grado probably has a distinct advantage by having literally dozens if not hundreds of distributors and sellers, vs the one or two that Alessandro has. Grado has a much larger supply spring to effectively take up the sales tension and slack than Alessandro has.

....major bummer when you're waiting for your cans.
frown.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #12 of 39
Talked to the guy at Alessandro today - they don't yet have the phones from Grado, due, he supposes, to a slowdown at Grado because of the extreme weather this week. He figures next week. All he could offer was sympathy, since we are both in reality waiting for Grado (Godot?).

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Not a bad idea, but I'm getting these specifically for monitoring while doing needle drops, I need a slightly more analytical set of cans for this application. I'm thinking that the MS-2's fit the bill the best.

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:17 AM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think the rs1 he already owns is an even better compliment than the 325i!
icon10.gif
but yeah, it might be a good idea to try and get a pair locally if you just can't wait longer

I think I should just keep buying until I have one of each model from the Grado and Sennheiser catalog!
rs1smile.gif

[size=xx-small]Then I can start working on AKG![/size]

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #15 of 39
I contacted Alessandro about an estimated shipping time and whether my CC would be charged right away even if it wouldn't ship immediately... this was the response:
Quote:

We hope to be able to ship the MS2 in about a week. We do not process your card until we are ready to ship.

for me this was more than adequate, so I ordered... now if only a week wasn't this long
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back