Wouldn't it be great if Xin made a non-portable (home) solid-state headphone amp?
Apr 30, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 16
I'm pretty sure he has....
blink.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 16
Never happen!
blink.gif

Ok, so enough with the jokes. You probably meant to ask if Xin would consider making a tube amp? He probably has, but he's too busy "upgrading" his SS amps.

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 16
Did Xin have _other than_ solid-state offerings at one point?!

It will be cool to have a portable tubey the size of a SuperMacro-Micro, powered by just a single AAA!

Is that a tube buring through a hole in your pocket or are you just happy to see me...
icon10.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpnz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry didn't know that portable amps also considered to be SS, excuse my ignorance.

Darn, only an honest mistake... And here I was hoping to see how this thread may spiral out of control...
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #8 of 16
Who cares if it'd be solid state or tube...it's be crazy either way....

With a monster sized regulated power supply....makes me wonder what he could do with more power than that coming from a battery...

Oh my.

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #10 of 16
Well, I guess I'll throw my wish in for a Xin-DAC!!! Considering that he could fit a 4-channel, double stacked amplifier onto a supermacro board I would love to see a (dual differential!?!!) portable DAC from Xin. He is truly an artist and magician. As far as a home device Xin has stated before that his passion is for miniaturization so I wouldn't hold any breath for a home amplifier from him, but who knows.

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #11 of 16
for obvious reasons, xin is a perfectionist. if he ever gets his hand on a SS or tube home amp, it will take him years! and imagine sending that thing back and forth for upgrades!

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #12 of 16
I once asked Xin about making a home amp with multiple opamps with a front selector switch, in other words eq by opamps - I thought that would be real cool. He turned it down saying he wants to perfect his portable listening...

May 1, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want a Xin mp3 player. It'll be so great. He'll get a decent dac, and use his supermicro amp as the amp for the mp3 player. THE audiophile mp3 player

I hope that Xin would find some time to build a portable DAC. If he can perform miracles with one AAA on a SuperMicro-IV, I don't mind lugging around a 9V DAC is it mates well with his SuperM amps.

Keeping fingers crossed
wink.gif

May 1, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope that Xin would find some time to build a portable DAC. If he can perform miracles with one AAA on a SuperMicro-IV, I don't mind lugging around a 9V DAC is it mates well with his SuperM amps.

Keeping fingers crossed
wink.gif

If he makes a dac that runs on 1 AAA battery and use the supermicro ....

drool

May 1, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #15 of 16
Yeah, it would be the 'DAsupermaCro'

It would have the cs4398 for DAC, PMC2704 for USB going into the CS4398 going into the usual supermacro setup (6buffers, 2*OPA627 and one AD8599 or just two LM4562s with buffers).

Phwoar. 16AAA batteries - he could do it in a box barely double the size of the current supermacroIV
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back