would you wear the sennheiser hd497's in public?
Jul 10, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #46 of 61
I probably wouldn't, because I'd be too busy wearing my Grados
rs1smile.gif

It would probably be fine...I wish they were black though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #47 of 61
I am willing to wear the HD497 in public, yes.
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by arspy87
I wish this thread was a poll.
biggrin.gif

Lets make it one.

Jul 10, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #50 of 61
Someone wears his 650's on the streets? How? Where yah stuff that long cable? Also, its so awefully big and it looks ugly on me...
biggrin.gif
I always wear them at home....Considering a closed and neat looking black pair of cans to be worn out...Guess the MDR-V6 are my best bet...It looks so nice cause its black (hmmm, i've got a fetish for black headphones
600smile.gif
)....

Jul 10, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #51 of 61
I have been wearing them since when I bought them 1 year ago, and I am about the one of the rare ones in my polytechnic campus to wear headphones.

The last time I saw a person wearing HD497s in my campus were wearing them the wrong way around. (Left as Right, Right as Left.) I tried not to laugh.

Have been wearing my HD201's outside now, they are more handsome than the 497s.

The HD497's are my ticket to the headphones hobby. I am thinking about a pair of new SR-60s...

Jul 10, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #53 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by razer
Someone wears his 650's on the streets? How? Where yah stuff that long cable? Also, its so awefully big and it looks ugly on me...
biggrin.gif
I always wear them at home....Considering a closed and neat looking black pair of cans to be worn out...Guess the MDR-V6 are my best bet...It looks so nice cause its black (hmmm, i've got a fetish for black headphones
600smile.gif
)....

Yeah, I love black headphones too. I have black hair so they blend in with the hair and seem more subtle. I was thinking of getting some V6s too but I'm tight on cash right now so I have to stick with my leaky PX100s.

Jul 10, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #55 of 61
I always wear by Sennheiser HD477's whenever I want to listen to music on the go. The difference between the 477 and 497 is that it (477) is black rather than silver, probably has a lower sound quality, and that rather than vinyl/leatherette ear pads, it has something along the lines of clothlike.
600smile.gif
It's not too bad actually. The only bad thing about the 477's are the price here in Canada. Costed me $103CDN with tax. And thats with a $10 sale. My mother was freaking out about the price and looks when I got them. So I told her that if she wanted I COULD return them and perhaps get a pair of Shure E4c's at $250 without shipping.
tongue.gif
I'm guessing that after that she didn't really care too much about the price.
eggosmile.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #56 of 61
Pffft I wear my 650s with zucable outside all the time when I go for a walk/jog. Yes, they stay on my head
tongue.gif

If you are worried about the long cable just coil it up and ziptie it.

I used to have a pair of 497's and they are fine. I see people around town with them all the time.

Jul 10, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #57 of 61
C'mon, we all do it. I run in HD201s!

Jul 10, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #58 of 61
id wear them. ive seen some goofy looking stock headphones that came with dc players before, my sisters phillips cd player from a while back comes to mind. just say that they came with your portable =P

Jul 11, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #59 of 61
497's look terrible from the front or back, but from a side or 3/4 view they look okay.

The problem is not really the size, it's the colour and the way that the headband actually sticks out from the side of the head rather than hugging it all the way around like most headphones do.

Jul 11, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #60 of 61
Come on, guys, have some creativity!

I found some old messenger style bag from a while back and modded it into my headphone paradise - if I had a camera, I'd post a few pictures, but I'm lazy.

Basically, I wanted a complete headcase, but didn't want to shell out ninety dollars. The bag I found is the same kind of thing you'd see an SAT tutor carry around (not that I have any experience with them, really, but they're what come to mind) - there's the large pocket, and then the flap in the front that has a large pocket and lifts to reveal, basically, an organized area with a bunch of pockets. I keep the HD-650s in their original styrofoam case in the large pocket, the iPod in the outside pocket, and my amp in the organizer area. They're all secured as not to fall out, and none of the cords are exposed - they all run through the bag. My favorite part is that I put a surge protector on the bottom of the large pocket, connected the amp power cable (I have a supermacro v3) and the iPod power cable. So I can just plug in the whole bag! I wrap the surge protector in two black socks and a shoelace so it doesn't get messy.

It totally schools the headcase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back