would you wear the sennheiser hd497's in public?
Jul 9, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #31 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
coming from someone who uses qualias portably...
icon10.gif
:p

Yes... so? The Qualias look pretty cool
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #33 of 61
0020080497_144.jpg

I don't get it. What's wrong with them? I'd be more concerned about weaing my A500s in public than HD497's
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #35 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
0020080497_144.jpg

I don't get it. What's wrong with them? I'd be more concerned about weaing my A500s in public than HD497's
smily_headphones1.gif

lol, I know. There's no big deal with HD497s... they are already considered portable anyways.
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #36 of 61
yeh it looks appropriate as a portable headphone in public, i rarely see people wearing the senn headphones in my area, but the silver plastic frame makes it look good as a portable headphone. I'm sure you won't be embarrassed. I wouldnt mind weaing my 457's at school but my teachers would confiscate them lol

Jul 10, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #37 of 61
They look fine by themselves, but they are horrible on the head. The lame headband to earcup coupling design makes them stick way out. And the 50s space age silver doesn't help either.

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #38 of 61
My brother knew a guy in high school that took an old textbook, cut a space in the pages inside and mounted a portable FM radio and a speaker so he could listen to baseball games in class. He just had the hardbook cover closed with his head on the book. Brilliant, really!

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #39 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericx
yeh it looks appropriate as a portable headphone in public, i rarely see people wearing the senn headphones in my area, but the silver plastic frame makes it look good as a portable headphone. I'm sure you won't be embarrassed. I wouldnt mind weaing my 457's at school but my teachers would confiscate them lol

haha, I wore my XD200s fine @ my school... just took em off when teachers were talking, and as soon as work session started I popped them on and no one cared.

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #41 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not that they're large. It's not that they look bad on their own. You just have to see it on the head. It looks a litle odd. I think the blame can be laid on the slanted one-piece headband, and the effect of the unbroken silver band going across your head. It's like a bad hairband day.

Jul 10, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #42 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
My brother knew a guy in high school that took an old textbook, cut a space in the pages inside and mounted a portable FM radio and a speaker so he could listen to baseball games in class. He just had the hardbook cover closed with his head on the book. Brilliant, really!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
great idea!!

PS: I dont think there's anything wrong with wearing the 497's in public. if the silver headband looks bad, paint it blacl [just the headband]
600smile.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #43 of 61
i think the color looks a bit gay and cheap but i see no reason to not wear 'em..
I used to wear 437s everyday until a freind of mine broke them, i switched to the plug then, but they suck apart from sealing, even vocals are bassy on them, but bass test songs are fun^^ all in alll dont give a **** bout what people think and wear if you like to... i'm still unsure bout my 650s 'tho

Jul 10, 2005 at 9:40 AM Post #44 of 61
I did for over 6 months.

Now Im going with the PX100s. Much more comfortable with these, but the 497's are 'doable'.

Jul 10, 2005 at 9:58 AM Post #45 of 61
I always wear my 457's at school and in public. people might give you the strange remarks and all that jazz, but it's okay. They're just not used to it.

always know that your cans dominate their crap. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back