Would you wear free audiophile headphones in public if they had advertising attached to the side of your head?
Jan 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
So we see advertising everywhere right? It is on TV, we have to see it to watch the show. We see billboards as we walk down the street. This is American life as we know it.

Would you wear a pair of HD-700s around on the bus if they were given to you for free and the only catch was they had a 6"X6" ad attached to both sides?

Does this kind of thing offend you? If so, why? 

Do you think this is a good idea?

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #3 of 17
Nope. I wouldn't want to wear open headphones in public no matter what, free or not
wink_face.gif

Seriously though, I wouldn't wear anything with an ad unless it was something I felt comfortable personally promoting (usually something I was involved in and approved of). I don't even like to wear T-shirts with a logo unless it's the logo of something I'm personally connected to.

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #5 of 17
I wore my K701s out once, it's white and sorta fashionable you know? The Starbucks lady thought they were super isolating headphones.

And it's not just Americans who face marketing on every billboard, you know? Far from it.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #7 of 17
yep i would - again - as long as the advertising was of good quality and from a reputable firm

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #9 of 17
I would, people already wear Beats as walking billboards so why not Senn's? I wear my DT1350's and Denons around town some times heh.

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #12 of 17
If it meant a free SR-007, SR-009, or Orpheus HE/90, I'd do it provided that the ads were something I'd willingly want to buy and actually consider a good product.

But in those cases, I wouldn't be able to USE those headphones outdoors in the first place, unless someone's going to develop a portable electrostatic amp backpack with enough battery life to last a whole day. Even then, there's still the whole issue with open headphones and no isolation both ways in public...

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
If it meant a free SR-007, SR-009, or Orpheus HE/90, I'd do it provided that the ads were something I'd willingly want to buy and actually consider a good product.

But in those cases, I wouldn't be able to USE those headphones outdoors in the first place, unless someone's going to develop a portable electrostatic amp backpack with enough battery life to last a whole day. Even then, there's still the whole issue with open headphones and no isolation both ways in public...

for a free stax 009 rig  I would let the CEO's of stax tattoo my head to toe with light up adds.

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #14 of 17
Only if the ad was for something disgustingly offensive 
wink_face.gif

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #15 of 17
A 6x6" panel would probably weigh quite a bit, or be incredibly flimsy. Seems like a bad idea. 

That said, depending on the advert, yes I would wear advertising for money/pay (or get the car/bike skinned). I don't think advertising is "evil" though - as long as it's done tastefully and doesn't represent moral hazard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back