Would you reccomend using my Onkyo amplifier with my computer?
Dec 25, 2005 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Duncandun

100+ Head-Fier
hey all, i've been wondering if i should use this Onkyo TX-8211 i have with my computer, and if so... how?! I have a audigy 2 platinum pro card, would i be able to hook them together? would it make much of a difference? I'd be using my grado 325Is with the TX-8211 if i did hook it up. I was thinking using the digital out but i noticed the TX-8211 doesnt have a digital in.

Any ideas? thanks!

Dec 26, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 6
I'd say yes. I run mine to my Yamaha receiver and it sounds very good. I don't know how the headphone outs compare on these, but it's worth trying, I'd bet.

Dec 26, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 6
i want to try the samething on my Technics SA-DA8 (a Panasonic amp...but it isnt very "high end") on my audigy zs...

Dec 26, 2005 at 6:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

how?! I have a audigy 2 platinum pro card, would i be able to hook them together?

Go ahead and do it: get an RCA-to-mini adapter and plug the "Y"(two jacks) into your amp,and the single mini-jack into the analogue out on your soundcard;it's likely the third jack from the Firewire port on that soundcard. You could also use the breakout box (assuming you have it mounted in a free HDD bay up front on your computer),but avoid the cable clutter and use the outputs from the soundcard at the back of your computer. Good luck (it's easy,you won't need luck)!

Dec 26, 2005 at 9:17 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons
i want to try the samething on my Technics SA-DA8 (a Panasonic amp...but it isnt very "high end") on my audigy zs...

So try it! Won't hurt.

And, you'd be suprised, just because it's a Panny or a Panny sister brand, doesn't make it bad or non-hi-fi. Panasonic's SA-XR55 receiver, for example, is simply phenominal for the price. Just pointing out that you have to go by individual products and not brands. Sennheiser makes arguably the best headphones in the world, yet some of their cheaper models are terrible. Even when they have OTHER models of similar prices which are better than the terrible ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back