Would you keep the Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 or Sennheiser HD 650 or Both?
Jan 23, 2013 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

fryzie

New Head-Fier
So I've just starting getting into good music and recently I purchased 2 headphones Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 and Sennheiser HD 650. Basically got both at crazy prices. Beyerdynamic for 575 EURO and Sennheiser for 220 EURO which I don't think you will be able to find for cheaper. Basically the one I don't want I could sell on eBay for more than I bought for. Comparing both, they are both really good to anything I have used before (Adidas [size=11.0pt]HD25)[/size]. My brief experience I would compare them as Sennheiser more musical and the Beyerdynamic insanly clearer. To be honest I don't really know which one to keep or if I should even keep both - do people own multiple headphones? Considering the prices I paid, what would you do?

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #2 of 9
Most posters here have multiple headphones, as different genres often suit different headphones. 

I would personally keep both for now, taking good care of them so no significant resale value is lost, and see how they grow on me over a few months.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
So I've just starting getting into good music and recently I purchased 2 headphones Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 and Sennheiser HD 650. Basically got both at crazy prices. Beyerdynamic for 575 EURO and Sennheiser for 220 EURO which I don't think you will be able to find for cheaper. Basically the one I don't want I could sell on eBay for more than I bought for. Comparing both, they are both really good to anything I have used before (Adidas [size=11.0pt]HD25)[/size]. My brief experience I would compare them as Sennheiser more musical and the Beyerdynamic insanly clearer. To be honest I don't really know which one to keep or if I should even keep both - do people own multiple headphones? Considering the prices I paid, what would you do?

Lots of people have several headphones.

I would suggest you spend a few days with ONE of those headphones. Then spend a few days with the OTHER headphone. Then after a week or so, see if there's one that really gave you a better experience for your listening preferences.

I assume you have the ability to drive the T1 properly even?

They're polar opposite headphones really. So figure out if you want mellow/warm/dark (HD650), or bright/clear/engaging (T1). Some people keep headphones like this for their mood. One day you want to chill, and use the HD650. Other days you want excitement so you reach for the T1. It's all preference.

Again, I assume you have the ability to drive both headphones properly?

Very best,

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 9
what malveaux said, but also break in the T1's before letting them go.

then again, another thought:  find an Hd800 to try, the hd800 is the senn to compare directly to the T1 imo. i have owned the hd650 and currently own the hd580. a broken in T1 is a far more refined piece of equipment than an hd650, but the 650 may be what will please you more on certain days or for certain music. but you may want to choose between the t1 and the hd800 as the companion to the hd650 which you find so musical/ so pleasing.

then yet another "again": I would not give up my hd580s, until i owned the hd800. now i would not give up the 800's or the T1's.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #5 of 9
If you like both of them, just keep them - I have a feeling that these near flagship and flagship models won't lose any (or much) of their resale value in the future either. 

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 9
Thanks everyone for your replies. I would have liked to test the Hd800 but alas there are no shops in my state that sell it! Best price for the Hd800 is a few hundred more so would have liked to see if the difference would have been worth the price. Receiver is good, but not great and something I was wanting to upgrade also.

I've had a few people ask where I got my T1 from, it was from Amazon Italy but unfortunately they no longer sell it :frowning2: Sorry!

May 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 9
i am actually on the same boat as the op. i also have hd650 and t1. 

dont know why, i dont feel as amazed by the music through hd650 recently as it did before. now (just now) i took out my t1 which has not broken in, and connected it to amp, WOW!!! totally different. 

i bought both of them at very good prices (probably same as the op, from amazon eu) too. i may consider to sell hd650 and keep t1. i recently purchased momentum which is warm enough and close back, aka, more versatile. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #8 of 9

Sell the T1 & buy the HD600.  With the HD650 you won't need any other HPs. 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #9 of 9
Just depends what sound you prefer. Keep them both for a long time. You WILL have a clear choice what you like better. It is easy to make the choice because they are very different.

Personally I don't like 650 a lot but for sure many get used to it and learn to love it. Same for DT880 or T1 also hehe. So need time to make that choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back