Would you guys recommend this setup?
Sep 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yum16

New Head-Fier
So I am brand new to the audiophile community and buying headphones. I've been doing some research on good headphones, and what I know so far is that Beats, Bose, Skullcandy, and Monster are bad brands for sound quality. I've seen many people online that recommend the ATH M50s as good entry level headphones, and I plan on buying a pair fairly soon. However, I still want more opinions, as I've seen virtually nothing else but the M50s being recommended and was wondering if there are any other decent headphones in the $150-250 price range. This: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ETB8ZTY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=01ADKW4ZKEVJ1GHQTKZY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846 is the set up I'm currently planning on buying. For reference, I've been using an old Bose Quiet-Comfort 2 pair of headphones that my dad gave to me because he no longer used them.

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 5
Hello!

What genre of music do you listen to and do you like bass? Since you have a higher budget, I think you should look into the ATH-WS99 or UE6000. ATH-W99 offer better sound for basshead but the UE6000 offer an active NC.

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 5
I listen mainly to hard rock, punk, and alternative metal. I've never really listened to a large variety of headphones, so I can't really say whether or not I prefer bass, but if I had to say something, I think I'm more of a balanced and flat sounding person than a bass person. 

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 5
If that's the case, for home use, I will definitely go for the Grado as they are extremely good form the genre you listen to but for on the go, there's the Sennheiser Amperior, but if you need comfort, I will say the AKG K167 and/or PSB M4U1 if you can find one on sale

Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back