Would this work?
Jan 14, 2015 at 5:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Harms

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, firstly my mobo mic and audio in general doesn't work. I made a thread about this earlier before I know my mobo mic input does not work. I was going to buy a headset with two jacks, one mic and one audio. I have the magni/modi combo. I was going to buy one of these USB Stereo Audio Adapter. These are usb dongles that provide a mic and audio input. Since my magni/modi has no mic input.

Can i basically plug the audio part in my magni then put the mic part into the usb dongle. Then setting the dongle as a default communications device (it should be detected just as a mic through the dongle in the playback devices. This would be possible right? Thanks guys and sorry this is so complicated.

This is the product that will be used just for the mic input: http://www.staples.ca/en/StarTech-USB-Stereo-Audio-Adapter-External-Sound-Card-Virtual-71-Sound/product_57140_2-CA_1_20001?kpid=57140&cid=PS:SBD:GS:n:n:SBD:58:21800&kpid=57140&gclid=CN6-kP2fk8MCFVSSfgodUIoAAQ

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 3
Yes, you can specify a different playback device from the communications (or maybe its the recording?) device. It might not auto-detect the set-up you want. It will also see the Startech card as another playback device, so you will have 3 possibilities, Mobo, Modi & Startech. You will also have two possible input devices, the Mobo and the Startech. So, it wouldn't surprise me if you have to go into the audio setup and manually set them. Windows is easily confused... :p

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 3
It would work. Starting from Windows 7, you can set different playback and recoding devices in Windows control panel under the sound. Just set playback to modi and recoding to usb device with microphone input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back