Would this work? (laptop>Fubar II>TA 10.1>speakers)
Aug 8, 2007 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pegleg

100+ Head-Fier
Hi....I can't seem to wrap my brain around this one. I have an E1705 notebook on the way and I was wondering if this would work for a home based 2 channel setup.

E1705 > USB cable > Fubar II > RCA IC > Trends Audio 10.1 amp > speakers ?

I already will have the laptop, cables, speakers and amp. I just need a DAC.
I would also like to use the DAC with my Headamp AE-1 if possible (I'll post this in the amp section also).
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you....Jack

Aug 9, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 6
I don't think it would work...unless...

The TrendsAudio device mentioned has amp output power enough to drive passive speakers,

or,

The speakers are active speakers that simply need a line-level preamp input signal

Where in your setup is the wattage coming from to move the speaker coils?

Aug 9, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 6
The TA-10 is a terrific little class T amp that offer up enough juice to drive virtually any set of passive speakers. I'm thinking of setting a small audio chain myself with one. I have active monitors but have been curious to get back into passives.

Aug 9, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 6
Hey....Thanks for all of the info. I couldn't see why it wouldn't work, but I just couldn't picture it in my head. As far as the AE-1, I would only use that with the DAC if the two could mate via RCA out on the Fubar and RCA in on the AE-1. Would that work? That way I can keep the TA amp at home and take the Fubar and AE-1 on the road with the laptop. Again, any info would help, I'm having a brain fart over this one. Thanks again....Jack
PS....I will be using the PSB Alpha B1's with TA amp. They work great together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back