Would this setup work?
May 24, 2015 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HiddenFatKid

Head-Fier
Hey guys

I have a Denon AVR-2308CI receiver.

I have a couple speakers laying around.

and a computer.

Would I be able to hook up the speakers to the Denon, and then the denon to the computer? (sorry, I'm completely new to this)

and would the denon be able to drive HE-400's?

Sorry if it's a really simple question! There's just so many inputs on the back of the Denon that I have no clue what to do!

If you need any more information, just ask!

Thanks for reading!

May 24, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 7
Hey guys

That's a good receiver. I have the equivalent model :)

Hey guys

I have a couple speakers laying around.

and a computer.

Would I be able to hook up the speakers to the Denon, and then the denon to the computer? (sorry, I'm completely new to this)

Typically, yes. Does your computer have a spdif/optical out jack? Or HDMI out? Then you should be able to hook it up. Are you talking about passive speakers (what speaker make/model to you have)?

and would the denon be able to drive HE-400's?

Receiver headphone output typically is designed to work better with higher impedance headphones. Since you already have the receiver, you could try it and see what you think.

May 24, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 7
That's a good receiver. I have the equivalent model :)
Typically, yes. Does your computer have a spdif/optical out jack? Or HDMI out? Then you should be able to hook it up. Are you talking about passive speakers (what speaker make/model to you have)?
Receiver headphone output typically is designed to work better with higher impedance headphones. Since you already have the receiver, you could try it and see what you think.

Thanks! I don't think my on board mobo would have one,
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16813128716

I have that motherboard, I can't tell if it has either of those connectors, but I can get a sound card if necessary.
And I only have a couple bookshelf speakers right now (like 10 years old) and I was thinking of getting the Deep Sonar 100 speaker set.

Thanks for the help btw!

May 24, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 7
Look under specifications for that motherboard on Newegg: "1 x S/PDIF Out header." That's for optical. Then you just need a cable.

May 24, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 7
And I only have a couple bookshelf speakers right now (like 10 years old) and I was thinking of getting the Deep Sonar 100 speaker set.

That's a $100 set of powered speakers. Might not be better than your bookshelf speakers. Plus, I don't get buying powered speakers when you have a receiver with plenty of power for passives.

What make/model are your current bookshelf speakers?

Thanks for the help btw!

Glad to help :)

May 24, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 7
That's a $100 set of powered speakers. Might not be better than your bookshelf speakers. Plus, I don't get buying powered speakers when you have a receiver with plenty of power for passives.

What make/model are your current bookshelf speakers?
Glad to help :)

Id have to go rummaging for them through the attic, what kind of passive speakers would you recommend? I'm not looking for audio engine or anything haha

And the motherboard does have an spdif out!

May 24, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 7
See what you got first. Passive speakers can last for decades. Could be your 10 year old speakers are better than anything you could buy for $100, especially if they were bought on a budget that included that receiver. That's not an entry level model :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back