Would this be a good deal for a Sextett?
Feb 15, 2009 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

doping panda

100+ Head-Fier
I found a pair of Sextetts for about 70 dollars minus shipping. Would this be a good deal? I know they've been going for about 100 or so on recently on the F/S forum, but I also read they used to go for about 50 or so? There's also a pair on ebay.de right now for about 42 euros, but the auction will probably spike once the time starts to run out and the cost of shipping from Germany would be pretty substantial.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by doping panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found a pair of Sextetts for about 70 dollars minus shipping. Would this be a good deal? I know they've been going for about 100 or so on recently on the F/S forum, but I also read they used to go for about 50 or so? There's also a pair on ebay.de right now for about 42 euros, but the auction will probably spike once the time starts to run out and the cost of shipping from Germany would be pretty substantial.

I got mine for $40 incl. shipping in very, very good condition. It wasn't until later I realized how ridiculously rare such a deal is. They usually go for $100+ on ebay as well. I haven't really see them go for $50.

I can't really help you though if you don't include the shipping costs, or the condition of the sextetts.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #3 of 9
Oh, sorry. Shipping is about 15 dollars and the Sextetts seem to be in pretty good condition. Thanks for the reply.

Feb 15, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 9
This is a fair price in my opinion.
Usually, the earpads needs to be replaced, as do the ealstics that holds the headband. But those pads are not expensive, and for elastics you can use your girlfriend/ mother or whatever hair elastics.

Shipping from Germany to outside the EU is rather expensive. Always ask a Ebay.de seller if he is willing to ship outside Germany and how much that will cost, before you place a bid.
Also ask how you can pay. For some odd reasons, Paypal is not populair in Germany. Most of the German Ebay sellers don't have Paypal.

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by doping panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....but the auction will probably spike once the time starts to run out ...

Especially if other people who wants one reads your post... in general, try to avoid discussing ongoing auctions here (please). A PM to someone would be a safer way, probably.

Feb 15, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Especially if other people who wants one reads your post... in general, try to avoid discussing ongoing auctions here (please). A PM to someone would be a safer way, probably.

I can't see no harm in what he did. There isn't a link to the auction.
On Ebay.de and Ebay.at, the Sextett's are regular guests. There's a new one for sale almost every week, maybe often.

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 9
Did you get it? I was glancing through ebay and can't find it.

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On Ebay.de and Ebay.at, the Sextett's are regular guests. There's a new one for sale almost every week, maybe often.

I know. Maybe it doesn't matter for the sextetts then.

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you get it? I was glancing through ebay and can't find it.

*AKG K 240 Studio-Kopfhörer* Made in Austria - TOP! bei eBay.de: (endet 15.02.09 20:00:00 MEZ)

Here's the ebay.de auction. There's still about another hour and a half left before it ends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, it's fine. I wasn't planning to get them from this auction anyways. I knew the price was going to go up because one bidder, k**e, seems hell-bent on getting this pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back