Would the V Moda M80 be good for rock? (Indie, Alternative and etc)
Feb 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #3 of 5
Yea definitely, they're good for any modern music like pop, edm, rap, rock, hip-hop/r&b imo especially for portables. They have that V-shape signature.. Doesn't shine with the classical and very acoustic stuff like that but overall it's a fun sounding headphone. Don't like the way it fits, though lol.

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 5
I agree with FlipE that the sound is very V shape and works well for rock and alt. I have these and mainly listen to those genres but I also agree that the fit is not good. I can only listen to these for a couple of hours before my ears hurt and I have to use something else. The clamp for on the ear bothers me. May not bother others though.

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 5
Don't know which M80s you guys have but the ones I've heard were more mid-centric with slight bass emphasis. Treble was is smooth and extended but not emphasized like truly v-shaped cans; the HD25 is definitely more v-shaped.

The M80 is OK for rock but doesn't have the crunch I like to hear in guitars because the treble is smooth. I think they are better for pop, acoustic, and maybe some indie rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back