Would the Fiio E07K Andes provide enough power for 250 ohm DT880s?
Apr 12, 2013 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SpencerWood

New Head-Fier
Hi, 

I'm looking to get into open headphones. I'm looking at the Beyers because they're supposed to be insanely comfortable and I can get them ~$250 used. The only amp that I currently own is the E07K though. Will the combo work well enough or should I not bother until I have the cash for a better desktop amp? 

Thanks,

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 6
I have an E17/E09K for use with my 250Ω DT880's and the E17 will "just" drive them adequatly as a portable amp for my Colorfly C3. The C3 does not have the strongest of output so it really all depends on your source as to what the volume of the output will be. Meaning sometimes I need to set the volume of the E17 to 50/60 with poorly leveled tracks just to get a non dangerous loud output. The E07K has basically the same power output as the E17 so the results should be similar and for portable use with a louder source it will probably be fine.

If you are just going to be using these as desktop headphones with the E07K plugged into USB, then I would seriously consider picking up an E09K as your desktop amp since you already have the E07K to dock it with. The E09K has more than enough power to drive the DT880's I never have to turn mine up past 10 o'clock.

Make sure you get the E09K to go with your E07K and not the E9 as that was made for the E7 and they are not interchangable.

beerchug.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Awesome, you have the 250 ohm variant?

Yes, I'm using the Pro 250Ω.. :)

Quote:
I have an E17/E09K for use with my 250Ω DT880's and the E17 will "just" drive them adequatly as a portable amp for my Colorfly C3. The C3 does not have the strongest of output so it really all depends on your source as to what the volume of the output will be. Meaning sometimes I need to set the volume of the E17 to 50/60 with poorly leveled tracks just to get a non dangerous loud output. The E07K has basically the same power output as the E17 so the results should be similar and for portable use with a louder source it will probably be fine.

If you are just going to be using these as desktop headphones with the E07K plugged into USB, then I would seriously consider picking up an E09K as your desktop amp since you already have the E07K to dock it with. The E09K has more than enough power to drive the DT880's I never have to turn mine up past 10 o'clock.

Make sure you get the E09K to go with your E07K and not the E9 as that was made for the E7 and they are not interchangable.

beerchug.gif

Agree with you. E07k amplifier part lacks punchiness if compared with E09k as it is a standalone amplifier. But as an affordable solution of DAC / Amp combo, E07k is doing a superb job IMO..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back