Would power cable upgrade for LD1+ and/or Bifrost be worth it?
Mar 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HeyWaj10

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

Just as the title says, would upgrading the cable for either and/or both my LD1+/Bifrost be worth it?  I'm considering the idea of the Shunyata Venom 3.  I see all sorts of posts that the Venom 3 used to go for $90 on Music Direct, but now it's $125, any ideas why?

Opinions are great, thanks!

Scott W.

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Just as the title says, would upgrading the cable for either and/or both my LD1+/Bifrost be worth it?  I'm considering the idea of the Shunyata Venom 3.  I see all sorts of posts that the Venom 3 used to go for $90 on Music Direct, but now it's $125, any ideas why?

I think it's a wast of money (if you had a $10,000 audio system, then maybe).
You can always buy 14AWG power cables for $3 at Monoprice.
For the kind of cash you would spend on two Shunyata Venom 3 cables, you could buy a better amplifier (nothing against the  LD1+).

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 4
So minus the shielding, colorful shell, and "higher grade" plugs, could I expect any potential improvement in sound quality with the higher guage of the Monoprice cables?

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
So minus the shielding, colorful shell, and "higher grade" plugs, could I expect any potential improvement in sound quality with the higher guage of the Monoprice cables?

I just did not really expect any real improvement from the $125 cables.
I thought the 14AWG ($3) power cable would make you feel better, for a lot less cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back