Would like to know the differences between the HD 25-1 II, Amperior, Momentum and HD 25 Aluminum.
Jan 31, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #3 of 7
Amperior are said to be slightly better than the standard HD25. I don't know much about the aluminium ones, they're probably similar to amperior just different impedance.
The momentum are completely different headphones which I believe have 2 different models - on ear and over ear.

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #5 of 7
I haven't used the momentum so I can't comment. From what I've read/heard they're probably better but they are more expensive.

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #7 of 7
I have the Amperior, Aluminium and Momentum (and had the HD25ii). I find the Momentum the most relaxing listen and probably suited to largest range of music genres. However, I enjoy the impact of the Amperior and Aluminium for more toe tapping fun. Regarding Aluminium VS Amperior, to me the Aluminium has more bass presence, maybe due to the pad difference. They are both easy enough to drive from a DAP, but the Amperior is especially easy from any source. I would suggest the Amperior if using a DAP only, then the Aluminium if using a DX50 / AK100 / headphone amplifier etc. Just my thoughts though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back