Would like some info on the new European DIN Terms that categories sound quality.....
Jan 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

zeno

Head-Fier
I noticed from pics found on the internet, that the AKG K701s have on the box "Premium Class", and the Sennheiser HD595 have on the box "High end". Apparently those 2 terms are the new European DIN labels for the sound reproduction quality categories that replace the older DIN "Hi-Fi" classification. My AKG K340 box from the mid 80s has the older DIN  term "Hi-Fi" on the box....I understand that the old DIN Hi-Fi standards and term was replaced in the late 80s....Does anyone have any details regarding these new official DIN terms, and is there a DIN term below "High end", and what is that term?

PS, I found a pic of the box for the Sennheiser HD 238, and it has the DIN Term "Precision", so i presume that is below the DIN term "High End"....Wondering if there are any DIN Terms between "High end" and "Precision"?

I fully realize that one should take the DIN official terms and categories with a certain "grain of salt", but I am just curious....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back