Would like some help comparing a couple IEM's
Jan 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Quality

New Head-Fier
I am trying to venture into the world of IEM's.  I'm always on the look out for deals and right now I found a couple on the Creative Aurvana In-ear 3, and the Meelectronics A161P.

I have read dozens of reviews on each, and spent hours looking through the Multi IEM Review thread, though I don't particularly feel any closer to making an educated decision on which is better for me.

I guess my question is if you guys had to pick one of these which would you pick and why?  I listen to pretty much everything with an emphasis on Rock and Hip-hop.

I would also be open to recommendations as long as they are a good deal and sub $100.  Preferably on Amazon.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 3
The Shure SE215 is an often recommended IEM at $100. I have them and I like them - with the right tips, they lean toward the bass side compared to other IEMs. The only thing I don't like are the memory wire ear loops - but that's personal preference.

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #3 of 3
Thank you for the suggestion.  I have looked at the Shure SE215 and they seem to be rated lower in sound quality than the Aurvana In-Ear3's and the A161p's.  They are also $40 more expensive than the deals I have found on those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back