Would like new headphones but not sure which ones
Apr 24, 2008 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

headphones

New Head-Fier
I currently own HD280 pro for 4 years + they broke a while back the head band in two
frown.gif
Taped it back together with luck but now a little uncomfortable to wear. Though when I first got them they seem to clamp on my head and hurt after just a few hours. Do all Sennheiser have this death grip on the middle of your head? It hurts. I have a small head too. Though it went away for the most part after a few months. Sucks that the Sennheiser HD280 pro have a defeat of having the band break in two. I wish I would of known.

My new headphones I will be using for movie watching, pc gaming and music listening. Not sure if I want closed or open headphones this time though. My roommate has his own room but we both keep our doors open. Can open headphones bother a person in another room across the hall ? To give a example like in a doctors office with two doors open with another person in the opposite room I guess you could say. I would like my new headphones to be very comfortable and if possible not make my ears warm after a few hours. Not have a death grip on the middle of my head either.

Apr 24, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 12
When you hear the D2000 for the first time, try not to hit yourself too hard, when you smack yourself in the head, and say "jeez! I shoulda done this a LONG time ago!"
You will see....
Post here what happened, when you took your first listen -- even before a good burn-in.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you hear the D2000 for the first time, try not to hit yourself too hard, when you smack yourself in the head, and say "jeez! I shoulda done this a LONG time ago!"
You will see....
Post here what happened, when you took your first listen -- even before a good burn-in.

Ok. The only thing I am worried about is not having a amp yet. I may get one but don't want to spend over $100 to maybe $200. Though prefer $100. I will be using the headphones with my dedicated Santa Cruz sound card for mainly movie watching, pc gaming, and listening to music.

Apr 24, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok. The only thing I am worried about is not having a amp yet. I may get one but don't want to spend over $100 to maybe $200. Though prefer $100. I will be using the headphones with my dedicated Santa Cruz sound card for mainly movie watching, pc gaming, and listening to music.

HeadRoom will sell you a very good Total Airhead amp for only $99 -- the sound quality bargain at its best.

If you want to use it mainly as a home desktop amp, it is worth it to also buy their $15 wall-plug power supply, so you don't need to use batteries.

This amp will drive any normal headphone to any sound level you want, including even HD650 and Beyers -- with very good sound quality, and it includes switchable crossfeed, too. A real bargain.

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Ok I just bought the Denon AH-D2000 for $199.99 I just couldn't resist. Everything I read about them sound heavenly and they are closed. Wow.

yeah, which store has them for $199? thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Very Bottom
smily_headphones1.gif

That store that's rated 1/5 stars? You actually bought from a seller with that bad of a reputation?

Apr 24, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #11 of 12
Ouch! I just read the seller reviews; definitely one to stay away from. I'd cancel the order immediately; otherwise you're probably in for weeks of frustration and probably no product in the end.

Apr 24, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by wfranklin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch! I just read the seller reviews; definitely one to stay away from. I'd cancel the order immediately; otherwise you're probably in for weeks of frustration and probably no product in the end.

Already did but still got it for very close to $200. Heck the deal is even already posted on this forum is a large thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back