Would it not be cool?
May 13, 2003 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

stan23

500+ Head-Fier
If there was some sort of headphone testing club? we can each contribute 2 or 3 low cost cans and pass them around on a week by week basis. Basically, we'll have a big pot of cans, and we ship them to members on a week by week listen and loan program. Of course there would be lots of trust issues, but I think most of us are adult enough to do something like this. It would also let a lot of folks listen to some cans that they might not otherwise get to enjoy. I--myself would love to contribute to something like this.. I would be more than willing to throw my D66 Eggos and DT250-80s in the pot.

May 13, 2003 at 9:28 PM Post #2 of 8
I think this would be cool, however, the trust issues simply run too deep for me to consiter doing something like this. Ideas like this have been thrown around on the boards before, and most people in the end decide that it's just a better idea to have meets.

May 13, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 8
While it would be cool. The reality is it would end up like the mystery box. That was a bunch of cd floating around the country, for about 6 months or more and then they suddenly disappeared off the face of the planet.
confused.gif

May 14, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 8
Maybe small groups based around urban areas? It doesn't seem too problematic for say 5-10 people in/around NYC, SF, etc.

May 14, 2003 at 5:44 AM Post #6 of 8
When this was a smaller,more friendly community we often did things like this.I have had gear and music stolen and so have others.Such are the costs of growth.Do this at your own risk.

I suggest you guys organize a meeting to get to know one another and lend gear only to people you know and trust.A meet would be a great way for you guys to hear a bunch of gear and to arrange for auditions.

May 14, 2003 at 5:52 AM Post #7 of 8
I hope this doesn't end up like the mystery box. I think a small group of people would be better for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back