would I hear a difference with this setup ??
Oct 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wazzupi

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Pulling out the Head-Fi muscle
I'm looking to get either the hd650/hd700/hd800 my current setup is foobar>dragonfly>o2 amp>q701 right now  I'm looking for something to complement my setup or just improve it overall.. I love the synergy with my setup right now if the q701 had some sub bass that would be amazing. so yeah basically I'm not sure what I should do I'd rather purchase a second pair of headphones and keep my dac/amp setup any suggestions would be great. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 5
If you can save up the HE-500 is worth the extra cash.  The HE-400 and HE-300 do not even come close as far as clarity, lack of distortion, and lack of tinny sound signature.  They definitely have some sub bass as well as some much needed quickness that the Q701 can lack.

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 5
First ever forum post, so here goes.
I think it's really important to audition whatever you have in mind, the only one you need to please is you. Loudspeakers and headphones are so subjective, it's difficult to buy them via remote control, differences between them are much bigger than between other components in the chain. Coming from AKG701, you may well dislike the Sennheiser sound and the HE500's are different again. Personally I found the HE500 to be a pretty awful headphone, but that's me and you might love them. You gotta listen nobody else can do that for you.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 5
And this post is in the Sound Science forum because ??? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back