Would Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Ali, ... annihilate the best UFC fighters of all time?
Oct 12, 2008 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41
Would those boxers wipe out the best UFC heavywight fighters of all time?
The inspiration for this thread was supplied by the Holyfield vs. Bowe II fight
that I watched on the ESPN Classics a few days ago (see here).

I aked myself: Holy Cow! Would Evander Holyfield annihilate any of those UFC fighters?

Let's unleash our fantasies.
We consider both the UFC fighters and those boxers in their prime.

- UFC would provide the best heavywight fighters of all time.
- Preparations for the fights would take at least 6 months
- All the UFC rules of fighting would strictly be enforced.
- The boxers (Holyfield, Foreman, ...) would wear the UFC official fight gloves.
- No replacements of the UFC fighters or boxers would be allowed. (See the Kimbo's case.)

So let's really go Ultimate with the Ultimate boxers like Foreman, Ali, Tyson,....
Now we could justifiably call such fights: Ultimate fights.

evander.jpg

Would the UFC referee be able to stop the fight
before Evander Holyfield's annihilating of his UFC opponent?

I've proposed boxers because at the heart of all those UFC fights is boxing.
Often even when the UFC fighters are wrestling each other they're throwing punches.
By the way, can you imagine if, say, Evander Holyfield follows his first
lethal punch with another one?
Even during the wrestling phase of the fight, say, Mike Tyson could still throw a formidable punch.

Don't you dare to mess with Muhammad Ali (aka Cassius Clay)
ali_liston_1024x768.jpg

Brothers, you got it right: First minute First round!!!

You wanna see this in colour? No problem.
0541965-CASSIUS_CLAY.jpg

84898-004-3305C708.jpg

Of course it's impossible to consider an infinite number of scenarios,
but I somehow would not exclude total annihilation of the UFC fighters.

What do you think?

Look inside for Mike Tyson's apetizer.

Ciao,

Ultimate Adam
beerchug.gif
Ferrari
popcorn.gif
California

P.S.
Obviously instead of the legendary boxers we could consider some top heavyweight boxers of today.

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 41
I don't think straight boxers would stand a very good chance in the octogon. Boxing is an art form, UFC is another. The stances are very different when you cannot be taken down or elbowed/kneed in the face.
I'm not disagreeing that if one of the boxers landed a solid hit that the fight wouldnt end, I believe that they may have a slight chance if the UFC fighter didn't get out of the way or block, but most boxers probably dont train to fight on the ground.

My .02

Dave

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 41
I don't think a UFC brawler would have chance to get close enough to engage one of these classic boxers in a grapple. An Ali, Holyfield or Foreman jab followed by a half decent punch- especially using the UFC gloves would have the UFC fighters seeing stars and planets or blue dickie birds circling their heads. From there on it would be easy pickings for the boxers.
Plus, would anyone want to grapple Tyson? Fear of losing a section of ear, especially if Mike didn't eat breakfast.

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #7 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think a UFC brawler would have chance to get close enough to engage one of these classic boxers in a grapple. An Ali, Holyfield or Foreman jab followed by a half decent punch- especially using the UFC gloves would have the UFC fighters seeing stars and planets or blue dickie birds circling their heads. From there on it would be easy pickings for the boxers.
Plus, would anyone want to grapple Tyson? Fear of losing a section of ear, especially if Mike didn't eat breakfast.

Yeah, they would use the UFC gloves!
That is what I especially stressed under the 'UFC rules of fighting'!

beerchug.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mike Tyson would have killed those fools with one punch.

Don't forget that after fighting tyson the UFC fighter would have one ear missing!

By the way, I've added a picture Kimbo vs. Tyson to my original post.

beerchug.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #10 of 41
Well not only that, but holyfield, tyson etc are HUGE. I want to say Brock Lesner status. Brock would be a good person to consider analytically (even though he was a collegiate wrestler). Brock is huge, and the sheer power of his punch would knock people out straight away. And his size makes submission attempts difficult. However, get him in the right hold - lets say an arm bar or knee bar or ankle lock...huge guy wouldn't stand a chance. (as seen in his debut match against Mir)

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well not only that, but holyfield, tyson etc are HUGE. I want to say Brock Lesner status. Brock would be a good person to consider analytically (even though he was a collegiate wrestler). Brock is huge, and the sheer power of his punch would knock people out straight away. And his size makes submission attempts difficult. However, get him in the right hold - lets say an arm bar or knee bar or ankle lock...huge guy wouldn't stand a chance. (as seen in his debut match against Mir)

... it take just one solid punch by, say, Holyfiled, and the UFC fighter is dead!

The boxers would train for at leat 6 months (with best coaches in wrestling, etc.)
to prepare them for typical attacks from the wrestlers, etc.
They would be taught how they should respond.
The boxers would need to learn kicking, elbowing, and so on. Just basics.
It depends whom they'd fight. If they'd fight a formidable wrestler then wresting would be top priority for boxers.

Yeah those boxers are huge.
Again if a UFC fighter is trying to outdo Holyfield in wrestling, and
at one point Holyfield has a little space and time to throw his punch, or elbow.
That might be it. - Look at those boxers' muscles.
The current UFC heavyweight champion looks like
a thug and fat pig as compared to any of them.

normal_smile .gif

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #14 of 41
I remember seeing Henry Cooper years ago at Heathrow airport- for non boxing fans he's one of only a few boxers to introduce Ali's ass to the canvas. Now Henry was a small heavyweight, small then and tiny compared to todays boxers- and to mere mortals Henry was a giant of a man. The guy was huge and his fists were like breeze blocks- i wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of Holyfield etc if they make Henry look small.

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #15 of 41
In MA size doesn't matter much. I've seen giant German brawlers go down against tiny Thai Muay Thai fighters. The guy just jumped up and kicked the German under the chin. Game over. The real question here is: what would Chuck Norris do?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back