Would Energy RC-10 speakers be an upgrade from Klipsch Promedia 2.1s?
Aug 19, 2014 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bekyndnunwind

New Head-Fier
So, you will probably laugh at me but right now I have a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 setup that I play FLAC files through a USB DAC. To my non-audiophile ears they sound pretty darn good! But I do understand they are sub par.

If I pick up a pair of Energy RC-10 speakers would they sound much better and be a good upgrade? I realize I would need to pick up a decent amp as well (any recommendations?)

My confusion is that according to the SPECs of my Klipsch vs. the Energys, the Klipsch speakers have a wider frequency response.

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 5
  So, you will probably laugh at me but right now I have a Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 setup that I play FLAC files through a USB DAC. To my non-audiophile ears they sounds pretty darn good! But I do understand they are sub par.

If I pick up a pair of Energy RC-10 speakers would they sound much better and be a good upgrade? I realize I would need to pick up a decent amp as well (any recommendations?)

My confusion is that according to the SPECs of my Klipsch vs. the Energys, the Klipsch speakers have a wider frequency response.

I'm fairly sure the RC-10s with a decent amplifier will sound better then the ProMedia 2.1s
But you will lose a bit of the loudness without a sub-woofer (which was fine by me when I replaced my ProMedia 2.1s)

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the response guys!  I'm guessing I would eventually need a pick up a sub to go with the RC-10s since they only go down to 50Hz.  

Wish I could do an in home comparison to my current setup - I'm considering buying them locally from someone off craigslist and just don't want to spend the money needlessly and then be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back