Would CX500 be noticeably better than my CX300 Mk2?
Nov 27, 2009 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sithompson

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not really into portable audio, but i do have a need for it (about 40 minutes a day) so I use my iPod Shuffle and Senn CX300 Mk2. I got these cheap and while they do an OK job I don't think they are up to much. So, are the CX500 worth spending over twice as much on? - or what are the alternatives around this price point? I don't get on with IEM's so I would like to stick to this kind of bud design. Music wise it is female vocals, light rock, alternative, acoustic.

I have iGrados as well but I've not had the courage to wear them walking to work - they are a bit too conspicuous
redface.gif

Thanks

Nov 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Just a small detail, but the CX300-II is an IEM. They just don't go very deep and that makes them bearable for those that do not like the more 'invasive' IEMs.

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a small detail, but the CX300-II is an IEM. They just don't go very deep and that makes them bearable for those that do not like the more 'invasive' IEMs.

Sorry, yes, now you come to mention it they are. It is the invasive IEM's are the problem to me (such as the Shure SE102's that I have).

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 5
I guess we share the same problem
biggrin.gif
, although I'm not yet saying all 'invasive' IEMs will be uncomfortable. I have a Shure SE210 and I just can't keep it in my ear for more than 15-30 minutes. Besides, I don't really like the sound signature, it's a bit too thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back