Would Appreciate Some Advice (I'm new to this)...
Nov 18, 2002 at 8:46 AM Post #16 of 18
Once again I paid too much for not searching around a little!!! Oh well, the wife loves them and so do I. They might not have a soundstage other than left blob, right blob, center blob, but I don't expect them to compete with my Senn 600s!!! The got good, deep bass, a more forward midrange, and sound pretty decent overall for what I paid for them.

Nov 18, 2002 at 12:59 PM Post #17 of 18
You like ambient/space?
nah now that is unique.. I also ssorta like ambient .. some of them.

I would recommend the beyer dt250-80( $170)
Since kelly has sent pm to ask for the meta42, the beyer should have no problem being driven. Infact you can use them w/out amp and they still sound great.
The beyer has very musical and enjoyable sound.Good bass, clear, smooth and detailed sound.

And yes, you should audition all these phones where possible and see which one is to your liking.

Nov 18, 2002 at 6:27 PM Post #18 of 18
I received a pair of senn hd497 last friday and I had them on my head most of the time this week end.

they are pretty comfy (after a little stretch of the headband). they are open but the leaks far less than expected. with a normal level of listening my roommate who is right behind me doesn't hear anything.

I am a newbie so I won't comment the sound (they need a longer burn in btw) but use the search function, they have pretty nice comments. I can't say if an amp is really needed since i use them on a D25s. line out + airhead or direct headphone jack sound about the same. I also tried them on the headphone jack of my laptop, it only shows me how crappy this one was (btw, my porta pro are far less revealing), the sound is bad but they are easily driven.

a comparaison between v6 and hd497 : http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...light=V6+hd497

Users who are viewing this thread

Back