Would appreciate recommendations. Similar to the KRK KNS-8400
Jan 13, 2017 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Meffaliss

New Head-Fier
Hey there!

I'm interested in getting new headphones but sadly, I have such a hard time finding something that would be of my taste! So I would appreciate your help for any recommendations you may have regarding head phones that fit my tastes.

So what do I like to begin with? Well, I really enjoy the KRK KNS-8400's. I love the fact that their bass isn't too strong, and the sound of the mids and the highs. My only gripe with these is the soundstage, I'd love something wider with a similar sound. I have tried SOME IEM's. I own the Thinksound MS02 but I'm not enjoying how warm they sound, to me, the mids sounded muddy with these with the type of music I listen to. Then I tried a friend's Shure SE535, While I enjoyed their wider soundstage and their emphasis on vocals and strings, I hated everything else. I thought they sounded terrible, haha.

So hopefully that helps describe what I like. I haven't tried many headphones but I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Thank you!

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 2
  Hey there!

I'm interested in getting new headphones but sadly, I have such a hard time finding something that would be of my taste! So I would appreciate your help for any recommendations you may have regarding head phones that fit my tastes.

So what do I like to begin with? Well, I really enjoy the KRK KNS-8400's. I love the fact that their bass isn't too strong, and the sound of the mids and the highs. My only gripe with these is the soundstage, I'd love something wider with a similar sound. I have tried SOME IEM's. I own the Thinksound MS02 but I'm not enjoying how warm they sound, to me, the mids sounded muddy with these with the type of music I listen to. Then I tried a friend's Shure SE535, While I enjoyed their wider soundstage and their emphasis on vocals and strings, I hated everything else. I thought they sounded terrible, haha.

So hopefully that helps describe what I like. I haven't tried many headphones but I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Thank you!

Soundmagic HP150 should serve you quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back