Would appreciate advice about alternatives to Comply tips
Jan 23, 2021 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wyrdnemesis

New Head-Fier
Hi, guys,

I've been using Comply Isolation tips for the past few years and really liked them, but it seems that they have gone downhill in recent months. The ones I was using (usually Isolation 500) were soft, the core was flexible, and they were larger and also glossy, lasting well over 6 months. The current Comply Isolation tips are, in comparison, very subpar - the core is hard and almost inflexible, very difficult to put on any IEMs, and the material is poor - doesn't seal well and seems to degrade very quickly. On top of all, the new Isolation tips are smaller (by about 1 millimeter in width) and the sound is worse, particularly in regard to treble, which is quite suppressed.

I sent a complaint to Comply, but I doubt that I will get an answer any time soon. In the meantime, I would appreciate any advice about good memory foam alternatives that provide a similar sound experience. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 7
Quite curious that no one replied...

Anyhow, Comply agreed to refund me. Tried recently one of their "Comfort" foam tips - horrible, just like the "Isolation" tips - muddy, unnatural, cheaply made, inflexible at the core. Found several decent alternatives that sound and feel a lot like the old Comply tips - made by ZNARI and Link Dream. No butchered treble, no hollow lows. No more Comply. 済みです!

Jan 30, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 7
Is there any reason why you prefer foam tips over silicone tips?

I find most foam tips in general, ain't as durable as silicone ones, they tend to degrade faster than silicone tips, so the costs do add up over time to replace them regularly. I used to use comply tips exclusively for about 10 years or so, but gave up on them due to the costs. I've switched to silicone tips since then.

Also foams generally tame the treble, so they will skew the sound signature for better or for worse (might be good for overly bright IEMs, but may make other darker IEMs even darker).

Jan 30, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 7
The sound (to my ears, at least) seems more full bodied, with more presence at the higher and lower ends when I use foam tips. The isolation I get is also slightly better with the foam tips I've used. Some silicone tips (particularly the ones that came with my Tin T3) were fairly good and the sound reproduction was nearly a "tie" with the old Comply tips.

Jan 30, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #5 of 7
Alternatives I use, though not sure if it will fit your IEM's nozzle size, are Shure Olive Foam Tips & Sedna Earfit Xelastec.

Jan 30, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 7
You may want to try the Tennmak Ultra Strong foam tips. They're inexpensive and they last forever.

Feb 1, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the suggestions. After reading more about the Sedna Earfit Xelastec, I am curious to try them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back