Would anyone like to recommend some in ear headphones?
Feb 11, 2012 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

PeteBeat

New Head-Fier
Hello. Basically i'm very new to advanced pairs of headphones. About 3 months ago i bought a pair of dr dre ibeats and i couldn't believe the difference in sound quality. Then a few days ago the left headphone just stopped working, needless to say i took hem back for a refund. This has however left quite a void in my life as i've gone back to my crappy old headphones.

I am now looking to buy a new pair of in ear headphones. I would however like to avoid Dre beats again mainly because the brief research ive done has lead me to believe they are overpriced, and the recent 3 months experience, along with talking to other beats owners, has lead to to believe the build quality is shocking. I am looking to spend between [size=small]£80 - [/size][size=small]£150. [/size]

[size=small]Greatly appreciate any advice given, thanks in advance. [/size]

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 15
What kind of music you listen to ?

I'm guessing bass rich stuff as you had beats before.

If you like Trance, Electro, Dub, Rap, Hip-Hop etc you can't go wrong with Yamaha EPH-100's at £80 delivered from AudioAffair. Great punchy bass, clarity & separation giving you 3D like immersion particularly with trance/electro tracks. Not the best for classical. Maybe ex600 for that.

Ultimate Ears TF10's can be had too from amazon for £110 delivered.
Considered by some as top tiers but not my cup of tea after having bought them.
If you really like bass than better to stick with dynamic drivers such as EPH100.
Atrios MG7 might be another option with super deep bass.

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #3 of 15
I generally listen to quite bass rich songs as you said, mainly hip hop so the Yamaha headphones sound great. I was also conidering buying a pair of bose MIE2i because someone spent about half an hour explaining about how brilliant they are, have you got any experience with thesem or bose as a brand?

Thanks for the reply by the way.

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #4 of 15
Some people here do believe Bose are as overpriced as Beats, well, probably a bit better, but most people here wouldn't recommend them. I'd say go for the MG7 by Futuresonics, or go for a Radius DDM. :)

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #6 of 15
Feb 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #8 of 15
Unfortunately the amazon offer of £110 for the triples has finished but is now at £160 and probably still climbing!

Feb 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #10 of 15
This: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-220-iems-compared-sony-mdr-ex300lp-mdr-ex600-added-02-07-12

Quote:
There is a very large thread comparing 220 different in ears here you should check it out!

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #13 of 15
I'll recommend the the Etymotic HF5. They have a great reputation here and I've had great experinces with them as well. Not as bass heavy as the ibeats but much better overall IEMs. 

Feb 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #15 of 15
Sennheiser IE8 for satisfying a basshead's needs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back