would anybody be willing to look at a USB DAC + headphone amp for me?
Nov 21, 2006 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nleahcim

100+ Head-Fier
Hi - A couple years back I built a couple of Guzzler's USB DACs. At the same time, I built a basic CMOY amp. Everything was powered off of the USB supply.

Anyways - when I got it all put together - I discovered to my dismay one serious problem: it was very quiet, and very noisy. Wayyyyyyyy worse than my laptop's sound card which I was hoping to replace.

Anyways - without proper tools to debug it I never did anything with it - so it's sat on my shelf ever since then. just ran across it a moment ago and got to thinking about it again. Anyways - would anybody here be willing to try to figure out what is wrong with it? I simply don't have the tools to do so. I still have all the schematics, extra parts (I bought I think double of everything, at a minimum), board layouts (I put my CMOY on a PCB that I laid out), everything.

I would pay shipping both ways of course. I'm in Corvallis, Oregon but will be driving through Chicago on my way to Champaign, IL next week - so I could drop it by anybody's place or ship it.

I would really like to get this guy working as it would be a really cool device to have.

Thanks!

Nov 22, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by nleahcim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi - A couple years back I built a couple of Guzzler's USB DACs. At the same time, I built a basic CMOY amp. Everything was powered off of the USB supply.

Anyways - when I got it all put together - I discovered to my dismay one serious problem: it was very quiet, and very noisy. Wayyyyyyyy worse than my laptop's sound card which I was hoping to replace.

Anyways - without proper tools to debug it I never did anything with it - so it's sat on my shelf ever since then. just ran across it a moment ago and got to thinking about it again. Anyways - would anybody here be willing to try to figure out what is wrong with it? I simply don't have the tools to do so. I still have all the schematics, extra parts (I bought I think double of everything, at a minimum), board layouts (I put my CMOY on a PCB that I laid out), everything.

I would pay shipping both ways of course. I'm in Corvallis, Oregon but will be driving through Chicago on my way to Champaign, IL next week - so I could drop it by anybody's place or ship it.

I would really like to get this guy working as it would be a really cool device to have.

Thanks!

any probs, send it back to me. You should still have my address

Users who are viewing this thread

Back