Would a sansa clip+ (rockboxed + lossless) be a better source than iPhone 4 (mostly AAC)?
Nov 11, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #16 of 34
New member, but I have both the Sansa Clip+ (ROCKbox'ed) and the iPhone 4, and I will say the Sansa does sound better then the iPhone 4, using the same album (Eminem Recovery MP3 320kbps) and same Brainwavz M1's (I know there not the best, but thats all I have at the moment), the Clip+ had more bass and detail, and was just allround better, not by a massive amount (compared to my S:Flo2) but still better, also I tried it with the Fii0 E5 I have, and it seemed to make both sound worse using HO

Nov 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #18 of 34
Too me yes, but I also thought the bass was alot better then anything else, though a standerd Clip+ sounded about the same as the iPhone 4

Nov 11, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #20 of 34
Thanks dude... I will definitely rbox it if bought one.
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #22 of 34
I thought the people who created VLC made Apple pull the app from the app store because of it breaching the GPL?, cause it wasn't made by them, it was just ported by somebody else

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #23 of 34

I thought the people who created VLC made Apple pull the app from the app store because of it breaching the GPL?, cause it wasn't made by them, it was just ported by somebody else

nope; well, not yet. I downloaded it a couple of days ago and I use it now on the iPad to watch videos; great video player. Saves me the trouble of converting all of my video to mp4.

Nov 12, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #24 of 34

Quote:
nope; well, not yet. I downloaded it a couple of days ago and I use it now on the iPad to watch videos; great video player. Saves me the trouble of converting all of my video to mp4.

Ahh ok, just remember reading on MMi about it

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #25 of 34
Yea a lot of people on the net were saying it might get pulled soon but it's still up as Far as I know. Sorry for derailing the topic. :/
The sq of the iPad is pretty good if anyone was wondering; I don't know about buying it just for audio purposes but with the se535s it doesn't disappoint.

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #26 of 34
Well, if you have your iphone jailbroken, you dont have to worry... you can always find that ipa file to install ... :wink:

btw, any verdict for the iBasso D4?

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #27 of 34
I end up tempted to get a Clip+ from Amazon UK.  But I would say is a right move for me!!  Never regret!

First, I pair it up with my IE8 and they work together nicely.  After rockboxed, i tried with some J-Pop (Anime songs)... well presented! Honestly, i was a bit surprise by the ability by this small size portable player indeed.

The sound stage of Clip+ + APE + IE8 appeared to be better comparing with iPhone + AAC + IE8.  In terms of bass, the quality seems to be better, the quantity is less than the iphone. I would say just enough for me... I usually found iPhone's bass is a bit too much and too "artificial" and sounds a bit "fat" to me... 
i am not sure i am using the right wording in describe my experience here.. but that's what i think... thanks...

I am now a bit tempted to try it on with an amp... :) 
but i dont have one.. XP

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #28 of 34
I think the Fuze's and Clip+'s sound really good without amps

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #29 of 34
I don't feel the need of amp when I'm using fuze with se530, but I find volume is limited when used with my other headphones...
I also tried E5 amp from my friend... but I didn't feel much difference from non amp setup.
Now, only if Arrow amp would arrive... I might be able to recommend a nice amp for ya. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back