Would a Go-Vibe go well with Senn HD 600
Feb 5, 2006 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Gibo

100+ Head-Fier
Would a go vibe 4 work well with the Senn 600 (recommend me an opamp as well), if not what other amp that i could go portable with that has a dc input optional will work good. Price range <$120

I will be using it with my Fatal1ty X-Fi on my computer and with my ipod. I was thinking getting the 600 with the cardas cable installed, will this be a good setup?

Thank You for any PM.
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibo
Would a go vibe 4 work well with the Senn 600 (recommend me an opamp as well), if not what other amp that i could go portable with that has a dc input optional will work good. Price range <$120

I will be using it with my Fatal1ty X-Fi on my computer and with my ipod. I was thinking getting the 600 with the cardas cable installed, will this be a good setup?

Thank You for any PM.
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

From what I've been told, you don't need the Cardas Cables.

Feb 5, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Thank You for any PM.
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

I think your main issue should be finding a better source as X-Fi alone can’t mach sq of budget cdp. Adding an external DAC to system should improve things, although, dedicated cd players are still better value.

Cardas c. can be beneficial only with high-end electronics and super fine recordings.

[size=xx-small]rig: Sony cdpXA20Es>>Rega Ear>>HD600
music: classical[/size]

Feb 7, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 12
I have the 580's and the Go-Vibe 4 with the OP-Amp 8620. There is a noticeable difference between this setup, and using my stereo setup (400.00 mini-system). So I know my 580's have more potential, but for that budget it's fine.

PS: I'll assume your looking at purchasing the Go-Vibe used, because the Go-Vibe 4 has been discontinued.

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:28 AM Post #7 of 12
I find that excuse by norm of overdemand to discontinue a pretty pathetic excuse, what was it........ a month it had been out or less. BAH, ill have to find someone that i can buy off now that will ship to Aus without charging an arm and a leg to ship.
mad.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

I find that excuse by norm of overdemand to discontinue a pretty pathetic excuse, what was it........ a month it had been out or less. BAH, ill have to find someone that i can buy off now that will ship to Aus without charging an arm and a leg to ship.
mad.gif

Now that's a bit insensitive. He doesn't have to give any excuse.

However, get one if you can, they're good.
tongue.gif

Ian

Feb 11, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

mad.gif

he says he will make more "soon." if you dont like to buy things used, you can patiently wait for more.

Feb 12, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

mad.gif

Admittedly, it looked strange on his website: "Due to tremendous demand, the Go-Vibe has been..." what, dropped in price? Upgraded to have more features? Awarded a medal?

Discontinued, What?
tongue.gif
OK, after thinking about it I get that it's too much work for Norm. Surely there are ways around this though. Increase features and raise the price (drastically if necessary), whatever it takes to cut demand while still making some money. I just don't get why the only solution is getting out completely, particularly now that Norm has made a name and reputation for himself.

Then again, JMT got out and he was practically a legend. Wish there was some way these builders could at least keep some sort of minimum presence somehow.

Feb 12, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #12 of 12
The best solution would have been to have a max number of amps per month or something 5, 10, 20 whatever he finds doable. Unless he just doesn't want to make them anymore period. Oh well used it is!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back