Would a 12 year old be able to use canalphones?
Nov 30, 2004 at 12:14 PM Post #5 of 8
Can't see any reason why canalphones wouldn't work, although you might need to get hold of the smaller foam tips to get a comfortable fit.

Not sure the volume issue is real; would guess that most youngsters have the volume loud to drown out the annoying sounds around them, a problem which canalphones address more efficiently anyway. Might be worth considering the potential isolation problems in terms of road & street safety though depending where the 'phones would be used.

Nov 30, 2004 at 12:26 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by metal_monger
I would say not just due to the fact that they can damage their ears if they are not responsible with the volume. Depends on the child tho I guess if he is cautious then maybe, but if I had a kid I would not let him use canal phones.

I agree, its much more difficult for a child and a parent to know what volume they/they're listening to as well because of a lack of background noise and sound leakage.

Nov 30, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #8 of 8
I wouldn't see why not.

I echo the sentiment that he needs to be instructed on the importance of proper volume usage though.

Other than that, I can't see any reason why a 12 year old couldn't use canalphones. Wether he/she LIKES them is another story. Maybe run it by a doctor to see if having something in ear canal while it might be growing would be bad... but seriously that's if you're really paranoid.

And kudos to startin' em young. Sorry about your wallet times two now!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back