worthy setup for HD600 > HD580
Dec 22, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 8
In what ways are they subtle?

Also, I've been hearing a lately that you can replace the 580 grills with the 600 grills. I looked on Sennheiser's website, but I didn't see an option to purchase the grills separately as a replacement. Where could I get a hold of them if I ever got a pair? I'm thinking I might some down the road along with an HS-classic and an SD-3960.

Dec 22, 2004 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 8
The differences between the HD580 and HD600 will be very subtle mainly because both cans use the same drivers and cable and foam/velour earpieces. The only differences are in the frame of the headphones themselves. You're not going to get drastic differences in sound from two headphones using the same cables and drivers unless the manufacturer really messes something up on one of them.

-Keith

Dec 22, 2004 at 12:22 PM Post #6 of 8
the 600's drivers are also more closely matched

Dec 22, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #7 of 8
I'd think the HA-2 will show you the differences, but I'm not sure what IC's you're using, and I have little knowledge of the source one way or the other. Anyone using a similar setup?

Dec 22, 2004 at 12:58 PM Post #8 of 8
unless your ears can differenciate 0.5dB from one another, and your source, cables, inputs & outputs are balanced...i doubt the tighter driver matching makes any difference with the two..since the HD580's aren't bad to start with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back