Worth upgrading speakers in small office?
Aug 11, 2017 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mrip541

100+ Head-Fier
I recently moved to a new place where I have a dedicated office/computer room, but it's 10'x9' with drywall that seemingly reflects every bit of sound. The powers that be have forbidden acoustic treatments. Not going to win that fight. I currently have Audioengine A2s on my desk but have been somewhat disappointed with their performance. In this space is it worth upgrading to something like Genelec 8010a, or should I just stick with headphones?

Aug 11, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 3
I recently moved to a new place where I have a dedicated office/computer room, but it's 10'x9' with drywall that seemingly reflects every bit of sound. The powers that be have forbidden acoustic treatments. Not going to win that fight. I currently have Audioengine A2s on my desk but have been somewhat disappointed with their performance. In this space is it worth upgrading to something like Genelec 8010a, or should I just stick with headphones?

Whatever speakers you get will be hampered by all those reflections anyway, might as well stick with headphones.

Aug 11, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 3

If you have concrete walls, they reflect sound like there's no tomorrow. Get headphones in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back