Worth selling AKG K701 for Senn HD650?? or keep both
May 23, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #16 of 18
I can't for the life of me understand whay people claim the K701s are bass shy? To my ears they are simply very well balanced. The Sennheisers are bass heavy in comparison, so I guess if you're a basshead they will fill the bill better than the K701s.

But if you're looking for a neutral, even, coherent, clean sound, then the K701s fit the bill almost to perfection - at least to my ears. Bass is there, deep, tight and full, but not overblown so it doesn't "stand out", it's just there, a part of the overall music experience (just as it should be and is live).

Than again, I could be wrong. It's been know to happen on occasion. The last time was about eight years ago on a Friday, late morining...... :wink:

May 23, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #17 of 18
i've owned my K701s for almost two years now and i know that i will never sell them. i just got some HD650s last week and they are very nice but they just don't have the detail that the 701s have. they have more bass which is great to have for certain types of music. however i don't feel that the bass is as accurate as k701 bass. i like both. i think i will keep both. but IF i HAD to choose, it would be an easy choice and the senns would hit the road.

May 23, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #18 of 18
After so many reply, seriously I think I will need to spend more time with my K701. Thanks guy for all the good advice. I am becoming to like this forum more and more. So many helpful ppl and informations in a short time. Thumbs up for head-fi and fellow headphone lover here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back