Worth keeping my 4G ipod?
May 26, 2006 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

-pete-

New Head-Fier
So I've being bitten by the head-fi bug
eggosmile.gif
I've being using a pair of AudioTechnica ATH-AD700s over the last month or so and I loved the jump in quality so much that I've ordered a new pair of Shure e4c's to act as a my mobile rig. The only thing I'm wondering now is, will i get the most of them using my ol' 4G monochrome ipod? Would i be better grabbing a new unit or should i get an amp? If i get an amp which one? Any suggestions?

May 26, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
Keep it and when you don't feel like using it anymore and have some extra cash to burn, have it modded by Redwine Audio.

Ditto that.

May 31, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #7 of 12
I can forcast the future 900's and imod
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #8 of 12
Keep the iPod. If you use it with the Shures and think it could
sound better, get a cmoy amp. That is all you need.

See ya
Steve

Jun 2, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #9 of 12
I still use my 4G 20gb ipod daily. the monochrome screen makes it an antique almost. I have a nano as well but don't like how the screen is hard to see indoors without having to turn the background light on. so basically I use the nano outdoors and the 4g indoors.

Jun 2, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #10 of 12
Nah. Life is too short. If you want a new unit, get it now and not later. This is the time of your life!. Every single desire has a special moment in life. Always aim to the future, never the past
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #12 of 12
I still have my 4g iPod and I love it. But if I were to iMod it I would go for one of the new ones simply because they are thinner. That and I use my ipod on the go so there is usually outside noise, but! I would definately go for a amp first. Having an amp makes it possible to get other headphones and drive most of them (k-340 is not most.
very_evil_smiley.gif
). Thta and it will improve anthing else you hook it up to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back